User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/16/2006 9:52:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Some people are to dumb to even be able to talk to these days.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll take it!

Funds sent via Paypal
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]
$8.99 + $5.00 shipping?  no thanks.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Only $8.99 with $5 shipping... what a deal! But then again once I order someone will just snipe my bid with a higher bid... oh well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's the message I sent back to him

Are you kidding? That much for an accu-wedge!?? Are you plain dumb or just Greedy? Those things can be had for like 2 bucks if not less. You need to do your homework, because your either bieng raped on your purchase price, or your just trying to rape the un-informed! Also, you wrote a letter to another person telling them "CLEARLY YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS TO BOTHER TYPING ME A MSG LIKE THIS. ARE YOU AN IDIOT ALL THE TIME OR ONLY SOME OF THE TIME?
DON'T BOTHER TO REPLY YOU ARE NOW BLOCKED FROM E-MAIL AND BIDDING ON MY ITEMS SO THE NEXT ONE YOU SEE YOU WANT, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO BID.
NEXT TIME, YOU WANT TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND SAY A LOT OF NOTHING YOU MAY WANT TO REMEMBER THAT."
It's bieng posted in all of the major gunboards right now. I doubt you'll have much buisness from us gun owners, or at least hopefully.Also, you don't carry anything that I would want, and even if you did, I would probably be able to find it cheaper quicker than I wrote this email!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#6]
He couldn't be going out of business, could he.  

I couldn't resist sending him a note...

Hey!  Did you know those Accuwedges go for about $2.00 at CDNN?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#7]
i'll take it!

IM/EM sent!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you think we could get Ebay to cancel his auction since it's a component of a baby killing machine?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I just sent him an email
"do you know that these go for 2 dollars. you might want to adjust your price."
boy that guy is an ass hole
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought any mention of an EBR was grounds for auction cancellation.

eBay does not permit the sale of any assault weapon-related parts or accessories. This prohibition applies to all parts and accessories related to any firearm defined as an "assault weapon" by federal or California law.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe he already knows what they can be had for elsewhere, and is hoping to find a sucker.  That's often the point of eBay, that idiots overpay for stuff they could have gotten cheaper elsewhere.  

Maybe he didn't realize you were trying to be helpful, and maybe just thought you were being a smart-ass.  

I have to admit, if I was selling stuff on eBay, I'd be a little annoyed too if people sent me emails telling me they can buy the item cheaper somewhere else.  But, would I write a rude email back?  No.

ETA:  I love the "Just in time for Christmas" part of his ad.      Idiot.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#13]
You have wasted your time,my time,his time and everybody that was unfortunate enough to click on  this thread. The point of selling is to make money.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You have wasted your time,my time,his time and everybody that was unfortunate enough to click on  this thread. The point of selling is to make money.

Bullshit.

One of the great things about forums is that members often alert other members to scams and ripoffs.  

I belong to another board that collects 1/18th Scale Military Miniatures.  We alert each other all the time to bad deals, crap merchandise, shitty customer service, and useless wanks who get their kicks from ripping off the public.  

We also post positive experiences too, in the hopes that the good guys stay in business.  
I dont see any difference here!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#15]
he says that the accuwedge and his tension pins will make my plain jane shoot like a varminter.  I asked him if i could buy more than one and shove them all into my rifle and get a sniper rifle!

we'll see what he has to say soon...

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#16]
I like his payment instructions.  

ALL WINNING BIDDERS MUST WAIT FOR A POST AUCTION E-MAIL WITH PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO PAYING FOR ANY ITEM WITH PAYPAL OR VIA CREDIT CARD. IF YOU PAY IMMEDIATELY AFTER AN AUCTION AND DON'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, IT IS NOT OUR FAULT IF YOU ITEM DOES NOT SHIP.

So, I can pay right away and not get it?

Excellent.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I cant believe this guy is going OUT OF BUSSINESS with those prices. He should be rich by now .............Or MAYBE...............This is the reason for going OUT OF BUSSINESS!!!!!!!!! NOT ENOUGH!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I think he also sells on gunbrokers with the same username.If it's the same guy he has some pretty good deals.All his auctions start at a dollar with no reserve.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit.

One of the great things about forums is that members often alert other members to scams and ripoffs.  

I belong to another board that collects 1/18th Scale Military Miniatures.  We alert each other all the time to bad deals, crap merchandise, shitty customer service, and useless wanks who get their kicks from ripping off the public.  

We also post positive experiences too, in the hopes that the good guys stay in business.  
I dont see any difference here!

Anybody with any brains of their own would not need others to tell them this cost to much.This is not a ripoff,he sets his price, and i am sure somebody will pay it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#21]
From his ad...

YES,... WE ARE CLOSING OUR RETAIL OPERATIONS... FOREVER!

What a shocker huh?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think he also sells on gunbrokers with the same username.If it's the same guy he has some pretty good deals.All his auctions start at a dollar with no reserve.

Then it's odd that he would be starting his accu-wedge auction at $8.99 plus $5 shipping...

Well I'm not 100% sure it's the same guy, but there is an airlink selling on gunbrokers.Also I understand e-bay charges you whether you sell your item or not. Maybe he's relisted it so many times he has to charge 9 bucks to break even.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#23]
maybe there's more than one?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#24]
email sent....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Sorry we ruined your auction....................
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Maybe he already knows what they can be had for elsewhere, and is hoping to find a sucker.  That's often the point of eBay, that idiots overpay for stuff they could have gotten cheaper elsewhere.  

Big time on that.

I'm on the look out for a Garmin StreetPilot C320.  I see them going on eBay for $450-$600.
I can buy it new for $440.

I'm waiting for a "deal"  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry we ruined your auction....................

Damn you ARFCOM  damn you
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I could not resist!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:46:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Dang Ebay!

I wanted to see this one all the way through.

The seller probably complained to ebay about all the nasty comments and email, and then ebay turned the tables.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:48:41 AM EDT
[#31]
 Randall, you do realise that this is an auction don't you? "Real" auctioneers start high and if they don't get a bid drop the bid all the time, thats how it works!

Yes this guys response showed him to be the ASS BAG thet he really is, but who the F#%@ put you in charge of price checking? Sometimes people should just keep their cock holsters closed.

Were you trying to save the world by pointing out to this guy that his price was to high? What problems were you trying to solve by opening your mouth?

Yes, this seller is an idiot! No, I don't know him! But you, Mr. Rausch fall into the same class as the seller!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#32]
shut the fuck up jeepjerry.  This was funny to us and we as a group had some fun with it.  

Thanks for coming out of your little cave to tell us how naughty we've been.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:20:53 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
 Yes this guys response showed him to be the ASS BAG thet he really is, but who the F#%@ put you in charge of price checking? Sometimes people should just keep their cock holsters closed.

Were you trying to save the world by pointing out to this guy that his price was to high? What problems were you trying to solve by opening your mouth?

Yes, this seller is an idiot! No, I don't know him! But you, Mr. Rausch fall into the same class as the seller!

Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today?

IBTL.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:29:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Yeah, just a little grumpy today. Figured I'd take it out on someone else.
Did make me feel better for a bit. Sorry
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:50:31 AM EDT
[#36]
You didn't like the response huh? Well you shouldn't have stuck your nose were it didn't belong, and minded your own business. Much less crying about it to us.

Waist of bandwidth
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#38]
It is sad that a few people make this forum their lives.

Maybe they should get out and shoot more.  I know people on other forums that have not taken a gun out in over a year.

I try to shoot every day, and shoot at least three matches a week.  It is amazing what getting out and actually practicing what you preach can teach you.

Keep'em coming Randall!  This one was great!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:19:00 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
 Sometimes people should just keep their cock holsters closed.

Well, that's funny as hell anyway.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#41]
EM Sent. FMJs
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#42]
whenever the phrase "cockholster" is used correctly, it makes me laugh, even when it's directed at me...

These types of auctions are hilarious and there's no harm in us having fun with one!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#43]
I thought the topic was worthy of a post.  Nothing wrong with razzing an asshole who obviously knew what he was doing.

Accuwedge does nothing to enhance accuracy and shouldn't be advertised as such.

good call Randall

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#44]
I found another interesting seller on ebay the other day selling a KAC Ras and rail covers but wouldn't ship to california. When I asked him why this is what I got back from him.

"California has some unusual gun control laws. I once held a Federal Firearms License and have reviewed some of the data that ATF made available to me. In some cases California law is more strict than Federal law. There is a chance that items which could be installed on what California has deemed an assault weapon, could be not legal for sale in California. I'd like to stay within all legal guidelines and prefer not to sell to California addresses. Thanks for looking."

Doesn't make sence to me but what do I know
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#45]
THIS is Ebay's Guide to buying Hunting Scopes.  Supposedly a laser "scope" projects a red dot onto your target...

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#46]
It looks like this guy is violating other ebay policies (selling accessories for California AW and the 3% paypal surcharge). I wonder how long before ebay shuts him down completely?

- David
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#48]
noone's laughing at your situation in CA randall.  He's laughing at the fact that the guy doesn't really understand the CA law and hints at the fact that sometimes it's more strict.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I found it funny Randall hr

I don't find it so funny.
I find it sad.have

What I was laughing at was your reply to the seller and his responce.
There was no sence in me trying to make this guy understand how our laws work here in CA.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#50]
You should put this thread >HERE<.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top