Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2006 12:34:05 PM EDT
I'm sending my Colt AR15 out of state to have some work on it -- is it better to go FEDX or UPS?  Also, what is a good 'description'  knowing that if you put firearm it might not get there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#1]
No problems, so far, in putting "rifle" on manifest. Also equates to stated value I put on manifest for insurance purpose.
You could also contact the person who is doing work and see what they may want or need to have on manifest to accept it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
How about: HOME DEFENSE TOOL....

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#3]
When I sent my Armalite to ADCO via UPS I labeled the box "machine parts"
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I label my stuff metal parts....

well it's true
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#5]
If the manifest is visible, most carriers will not allow you to indicate that it is a firearm.  "Machined Parts" is a good description of what you are sending...

Woody
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never had a problem wiht DHL..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top