Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2006 8:55:38 PM EDT
I noticed RRA was selling complete CAR-4 kits for $660 with a chrome-lined barrel, you can save some money obviously if you assemble the rifle yourself.

www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR4001&storeid=1&image=kcara4.gif&CFID=6909744&CFTOKEN=99416349

roughly 65$ if you use a RRA stripped lower versus buying the rifle assembled.

I have never built or assembled an AR, I have however field stripped them, if you used the RRA stripped lower, would the $65 you save be even worth the headache of assembling it yourself?

It would save the headache in that I would not have to use an FFL dealer to buy most of the rifle, just the lower.

Is there any other stripper lower that would be just as good as quality as the RRA stripped lower that would work with this kit, yet cost less money?

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, just get a stag lower, it is made by the same people anyway (CMT) they also make colts stuff too.  you can get a stag lower for about 90 bucks from gunsamerica.com or a local dealer.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:43:01 AM EDT
[#2]
you would have to buy a few tools.

savings is minimal but the knowledge that comes from building your own out weighs it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:42:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
you would have to buy a few tools.

savings is minimal but the knowledge that comes from building your own out weighs it.

How much would you have to invest in tools?

How long would it take the average person with no experience to assemble a stripped lower into a lower receiver with a parts kit?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:01:15 AM EDT
[#4]
check the tacked threads in the "build it yourself" forum.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:10:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:24:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I found these to be helpfull also...

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/Images/om-003.jpg

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/Images/amer-001.jpg

He will only be putting together the lower, so he doesn't need an action block.

usamma, putting together a stripped lower is not hard and worth the savings. I used a hammer, pliers wrapped in electical tape, and allen wrenches as punches.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/Images/om-003.jpg

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/Images/amer-001.jpg

He will only be putting together the lower, so he doesn't need an action block.

usamma, putting together a stripped lower is not hard and worth the savings. I used a hammer, pliers wrapped in electical tape, and allen wrenches as punches.

ok thanks
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top