Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/11/2006 6:05:36 PM EDT
I just rigged up a sling through the stock of my 6520 and it slips off the top a bit. I never seemed to remember that happening with my old stocks, and then while looking at the picture thread it dawned on me why; they all had a small plastic loop on the top to keep it from happening. Anyone know why they got rid of the loop? Anyone else wish they hadn't?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:55:01 PM EDT
those were perfect for rigging a single point sling out of a piece of 550 cord. my guess is they were breaking.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:13:46 AM EDT
I cut mine off.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:22:12 AM EDT
I like the older TELE Better
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:32:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By infsqdldr:
my guess is they were breaking.

That was kind of what I figured too. I guess if I really want one I can look around for a used one or buy the fake one from Bushmaster. I don't know if the Bushy product works on a GI receiver extension though. Probably not.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:23:41 PM EDT
You could buy an Vltor.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:40:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By in_burrito:

Originally Posted By infsqdldr:
my guess is they were breaking.

That was kind of what I figured too. I guess if I really want one I can look around for a used one or buy the fake one from Bushmaster. I don't know if the Bushy product works on a GI receiver extension though. Probably not.

It'll work in that it will go on a GI tube---but the hole in the shoulder piece is bigger, and it'll rattle a whole lot. Stag Arms sells a direct copy of the old type, and you might check w/them to see if they'll sell you just the plastic.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:01:01 PM EDT
Not at all. In fact I wish VLTOR had not put one on their modstocks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:24:04 PM EDT
I dont use a sling.. I dont want to scratch anything.. And yes I am serious.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:28:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gmtmaster:

HERITIC
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:31:31 PM EDT

You know they make slings with super hard plastic buckles and attachment points right not to scratch anything right? I use a Single Point sling system on my Bushmaster. The two point system they have is called the "Giles" Sling. Top notch, I have one on my Mk14.

www.thewilderness.com

And a scratch? That only adds character. And if anyone is going to put them on my rifles, it better be me!

Nathan
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:50:05 PM EDT
Model 1 has them cheaper than Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:52:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 1:54:15 PM EDT by gmtmaster]

Originally Posted By BushmasterGuy77:

You know they make slings with super hard plastic buckles and attachment points right not to scratch anything right? I use a Single Point sling system on my Bushmaster. The two point system they have is called the "Giles" Sling. Top notch, I have one on my Mk14.

www.thewilderness.com

And a scratch? That only adds character. And if anyone is going to put them on my rifles, it better be me!

Nathan

This is what I dont want to scratch. And yes Id have a big hissy fit if I scratched it.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:01:16 PM EDT

This is what I dont want to scratch. And yes Id have a big hissy fit if I scratched it.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/gmtmaster/Picture313.jpg

I see your point gmt, but I'd use a sling as back-up in case both my clinched 'paws' lost their grip

(pun intended..)
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:10:43 PM EDT
I didn't like it on the aluminum or plastic stocks.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:32:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 2:33:53 PM EDT by BushmasterGuy77]

www.thewilderness.com

Nathan

Thats why I was telling you about the Giles and the Wilderness Single Point Sling systems they sell... No way you can scratch them with those, no metal components.

And +1 to what Redfisher said... better than dropping her!

Nathan
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:22:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CSP:
Model 1 has them cheaper than Bushmaster.

YEP.... and I even got mine in green.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:47:33 PM EDT
"Does anyone else miss the loop on top of the old CAR stocks?"

I don't miss it one bit..............................................because the only stock I use is the old style CAR stock!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:48:19 PM EDT

www.thewilderness.com

Nathan

Everytime you fire it, it gets scratched..............
Top Top