Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2006 5:43:45 PM EDT
I see a lot of folks on here allude to two-stage triggers failing in carbine classes.

What exactly happens to them?  Do they fail to go bang when the trigger is squeezed?  Just become 1 stagers?  Does the hammer not stay cocked?  

I'm tossing around the idea of getting some carbine training on my RRA (which of course has the RRA NM trigger).  I figure they wouldn't put it on the Gov model if it weren't fairly rugged, but I'd hate to be out on the line and have the trigger go bad on me.  (Since I currently only have the one rifle and don't have the luxury of swapping out.)

Thoughts?  h.gif
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine hasn't failed in almost 5K rounds.  I clean it once in a blue moon.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing wrong with the RRA 2 stage.  It will work just fine. Ever hear of a rifle called the US Rifle cal 30 M1?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#3]
bump
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I think 2 stage triggers have their place.

However I think that there place is not in a defensive carbine.  Above all else the carbine must go bang.

My opinion only
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
2 stage triggers worked just fine through WW1, WW2, Korea and still today in M14s.

Yes they did! Worked damn well too!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#7]
My 2 stage jewel ran flawlessly when I went to the Olive High Risk PSD course in December.  And beyond that the gun has probably 5K on it with no problems.  It is a "franken gun" that I put together myself and I would trust it completely to defend myself with.  I think if you cant put an AR together and make it run 100% you probably didn't do well with LEGO as a kid either!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top