Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2006 2:34:23 AM EDT
How do CMMG uppers and lowers rank against say something like Bushmaster, RRA, or even Colt. I am looking at some some to put together a SBR and they have some SWEET setups. Only thing is I have to buy the whole upper. Looks like they don't sell 11.5" barrels by themselves. How do you guys like their stuff and is it a better route than Bushmaster or RRA who I ws going to start out with. Thanks,  Terry
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:59:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't comment on their products directly as I have only been able to purchase accessories they sell from other top notch companies(EOTech, YHM, and tango down); their customer service is great and would not hesitate to purchase from them again.
They really treated me well and offered an Armed Forces discount.  Good folks to deal with.
They even helped link me up with a local smith to turn and thread my barrel.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:55:30 AM EDT
[#2]
They should sell you just the barrel you want.  They have some good stuuf!  I have a 14.5" M4A1 socom barrel I got from them and love it!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:28:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Other than the crappy charging handle and its bizzare finish, I would rank the uppers right with all the big names with the added bonus of having some configurations that the others don't make or have to special order. The customer service is great too. Here is a pic of my GOVT profile A2.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:16:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Something looks odd about your upper?  I have a upper from them and it looks great!  I believe they must have changes their charging handle design also!  I haven't had any problems with that, and it looks like a normal charging handle  I will say that it does have a rather tight grip were it conects to the  upper!  I like it alot when shooting the suppressor!

Now in saying that I DO NOT LIKE there A2 flash hiders.  They are not self indexing so you have to get a crush washer and I noticed that no matter how tight I torque that thing it makes it's way off after about 400 rounds or so!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I have dealt with CMMG in the past.  I can't comment on their uppers and lowers, I've just bought barrels.  My favorite is the 16" Mod4 barrel.  Great accuracy, and not very expensive.  it'll give me MOA groups with South African surplus believe it or not.  Of course, that requires a scope and a steady hand.  I would not hesitate to do business with CMMG again.  They're good people!  MJD
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I have two CMMG barrels, they're excellant.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 on every thing

Top Notch.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#8]
There seemed to be a few issues that cropped up during the Giffman group buy; but I love my CMMG barrel from that buy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#9]
CMMG is one of the best in the business
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I put this rifle together over the weekend it has a CMMG lower. Fit and finish are flawless! My other AR is built on a Superior Arms lower. I prefer the CMMG. In fact I'm looking to build one or two more and if I can find CMMG lowers at the next gun show I'll snatch them up!

ATTENTION CMMG: That's the Wichita gun show!! Not too far from you guys!! (HINT! HINT!) And bring a few hats too!!! Don't make Cliff do it on his own!!!!

http://members.cox.net/nato762/DSC01606.JPG
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#11]
The A2 upper receiver I purchased from them for my M16A2 clone is primo.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Great products and fantastic people !

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I may get my next barrel from them, just like my last one!!  They have some great products!

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#14]
AWESOME customer service is all I can say about them, have had wonderful dealings with John
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I have heard nothing but good things about them lately.

Although I will say a few years ago some people doubted their stuff since it was mostly DPMS.  And to this day I know several people who still think they get their barrels, etc from DPMS, although I no longer think so since apparently the quality is great.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont think they get their barrels from one source such as DPMS. I bought some stuff from them and it has always been in different stages. Like "we're turning them now" or "we sent them off to be chromed". If they just ordered them from one source, they would be just sitting on the shelves. Not to mention they make every possible profile/configuration you could want. Like others said, I don't like their charging handles but I've heard they switched sources on those. No big deal. I will be buying more of their products in the future.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#17]
My CMMG barrel is excellent.  The upper finish is weird (shiny, teflon coated?), and the charging handle has a crackly finish, which made it feel "cheap" when drawing the BCG back.  I replaced the charging handle with a RRA, and it feels much better.  I didn't really need to do that though, the original works fine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Is the upper finish different from the lower finish then? Would be nice to have the two match I think.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I got a 14.5+ Phantom upper from 'em.

I like it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#20]
The coating on the A2 upper I bought closely matches the DPMS "teflon" coating.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#21]
CMMG's products are only surpassed by their unbeatable integrity and service.  Everything I've gotten or viewed/used from CMMG was great.

Dealing with them is even better.  Really great folks!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Great products and service!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:05:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Something looks odd about your upper?  

It might be my lack of photography skills combined with my photo hosting website's compression. Otherwise I have not noticed anything strange with it and I am happy with it. My next upper from CMMG will likely be their GOVT profile mid lenght.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:31:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
CMMG's products are only surpassed by their unbeatable integrity and service.  Everything I've gotten or viewed/used from CMMG was great.

Dealing with them is even better.  Really great folks!!

Ditto!

Mike
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:53:22 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a CMMG upper on a DPMS lower with RRA lower parts kit. The CMMG upper and DPMS lower match very well and I don’t have any complaints about the upper. There customer service is topnotch also. I would definitely buy from them again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Can someone post a nice closeup shot of the finishes on a CMMG lower and upper? Thanks,  Terry
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Can someone post a nice closeup shot of the finishes on a CMMG lower and upper? Thanks,  Terry

Give me a minute

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#28]
CMMG is awesome!

I really like my 10.5" pistol upper, it has performed flawlessly :)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the pic. Kinda looks like my early '90s Colt. That has a little bit of a shine like that too. I'm sending them a FFL tomorrow from my dealer to get a lower. Then fill out the Form 1 and let the wait begin    Terry
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top