Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/8/2006 9:53:53 AM EDT
Is it a standard issue size or what ever the unit requests? Thanks for the Help.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:01:15 AM EDT
There is no standardized bipod for the M4 Carbine. If any are used than its either individually purchased or unit procured. The M16/M16A1 did have a issued bipod that clamped onto the barrel under the front sight base.

CD
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:22:16 PM EDT
MODELS:

Model BR: (Bench Rest) Lowest of the Bipods. Most useful for shooting off the bench. Adjustable height from 6" to 9".

Model L: (Light) The world's largest selling bipod, compact and light. Adjustable height from 9" to 13" Weight 11 oz.

Model H: (High) For prone or sitting shooting, it's the best for varmint shooting. Adjustable from 13 1/2" to 23"

Model 25C: The tallest of the Bipods, Three piece leg construction adjustable from 13 1/2" to 27"

I got that from http://www.harrisbipods.com/ they have a pic of one on a standard AR. I use the L model myself on my 20 inch. but my buddies like the BR cause it fits their carbines tactical use a bit better. I recommend harris and the smaller one is great for carbine length.
Top Top