Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
They're cheaper to make than forged mil-spec tubes.

They are also threaded with a different process that makes the thread area stronger.

I bought my RRA stocks because they were cheap and seemed well built (and they are, many falls onto them and onto the ground has proven that, to me anyway).

WIZZO

Well said.  I figured cheaper was a factor, but was looking for other info which you nicely provided.  Can anyone corroborate what WIZZO said about the threads being stronger?  I don't doubt you (I hate it when people discount what we young shooters have to say), I just like to hear things from multiple sources.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC milspec tubes have rolled threads and commercial spec tubes have cut threads.

If this is true, I don't see how the commercial tubes could be "stronger".
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They are also threaded with a different process that makes the thread area stronger.

I bought my RRA stocks because they were cheap and seemed well built (and they are, many falls onto them and onto the ground has proven that, to me anyway).

WIZZO

Makes the thread area stronger compared to what?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

Compaired to non-mil-spec tubes.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

Compaired to non-mil-spec tubes.

WIZZO

I think you need to reread your post again.  You are saying non-milspec tubes are stronger than non-milspec tubes.

In your original post, "they" refers to non-milspec tubes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I see what you're saying now.

It's been a long week at school (oh God, it's only Wednesday) and I'm not really thinking 100% clearly.

WIZZO

EDIT changed on the other page.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top