Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2006 2:06:28 PM EDT
I want to know what components everyone would use with a $1,500 budget. I want a very accurate AR15 with an 18" to 20" barrel to shoot target at 100 to 500 yrds.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You should beable to make acurate shots with any ABC AR out to 500 yards with 1000 bucks
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
there are plenty of options you can go with but the gear is limited to the user.

check out the industry forum for dealers that could provide you with a rifle custom to your needs.

adcofirearms
dennysguns
gandrtactical
mstn
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
My problem is that I have been reading what others are using for 2 weeks now. I only want to build one of these guns so I want to use the best stuff, I have been looking at uppers and lowers from every manufacture, barrels from $100 to $500. I really don't know what to use. I was hoping everone would suggest what the hot setups are and I would draw my conclusion from there. I just got off Springfields site and they have complete guns that they guarantee 1/2 MOA and they are under $1,000, so now Im really confused as to why people build there own guns.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I will end up going to Denny's since he is 15 minutes from my house. I just wanted some imput before I went to him so I would have some ideas.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Denny will let you know what you need.....

Go explain what kind of build you want and he will lead you to it..

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Denny will let you know what you need.....

Go explain what kind of build you want and he will lead you to it..

The correct advice. If you have specific requirements (not met by the CLAB...), it is best to contact of the many vendor here. Also, check the Industry Forum.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My problem is that I have been reading what others are using for 2 weeks now. I only want to build one of these guns so I want to use the best stuff, I have been looking at uppers and lowers from every manufacture, barrels from $100 to $500. I really don't know what to use. I was hoping everone would suggest what the hot setups are and I would draw my conclusion from there. I just got off Springfields site and they have complete guns that they guarantee 1/2 MOA and they are under $1,000, so now Im really confused as to why people build there own guns.

AR match ammo is cheaper any day than .308 match ammo.  Plus, have you ever shot an M1A?  These are two very different platforms.  You need to figure out which one you like better before you make your decision.  See if you know someone that has both.  I like them both but I think AR's are a little more user friendly.  And like I said, cheaper to shoot.  Yes, I know there is surplus .308 but if you compare good match .223 ammo to good match .308 ammo, I think .223 has the edge.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I only want to build one of these guns so I want to use the best stuff,.

Yeah sure!  Someone tell him.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#9]
ok... YOU CAN'T HAVE JUST ONE!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#10]
What Springfield rifle is under a 1000 dollars??
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What Springfield rifle is under a 1000 dollars??

A used one?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry guys I meant Fulton Armory is advertising guns with 1/2 MOA FOR $899

http://www.fulton-armory.com/FAR-15-Match.htm
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#13]

ok... YOU CAN'T HAVE JUST ONE!!!

Thats what I was affraid of, this is going to be the same sickness I have with 1911's, Hi Powers, Garands, S&W revolvers, and 308's
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top