Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 5:59:06 AM EDT
I was thinking about building my own AR-10. Of course I would buy an assembled upper, but is it just as easy to find a stripped AR-10 lower, parts kit, stock.... etc...? I'm sure it would cost more, but who has the parts. I saw a stripped AR-10 lower on the web recently, I just don't remember were.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#1]
i dont think so, parts are not as abundant
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Who carries stripped lowers, and parts kits? Do they take the same stocks as the AR-15's?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:48:35 AM EDT
[#5]
i just finished building my ar-10, the easist build i've ever had. they go together the same way an ar 15 does. most of the lower parts kit is going to be that same as the ar 15. i built mine from all armilte parts stirpped upper and lower barrel etc (there a pleasure to order from). the best thing is i maybe have 700 in the project. if  you want to built an ar 10 go for it
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Shermy,
How about a little info on where you went for parts, etc.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#7]
dorsai

the upper and the lower are blem's  i got at camp perry. the barrel i got from a friend that frequant's gun shows. the rest are all new armilite parts that i got by picking up the phone.
if you look at the catalog i built the ar10a4 carbine i'd be proud and post a pic but i'm not that technologiclly  advanced. but if anyone has any questions ask , i'll be glad to tell you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#8]
It isn't too hard, in fact it is easy.  It just depends on which one.  I am working on my second Eagle/ArmaLite AR-10.  A ton of the parts are just the same as the AR-15s (checkout their website for a list).  Downside is since most of the parts are the same I keep winding up with too many parts and now I need to build more.  Oh well...

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#9]
There are a bunch of people who have built there own.  Quantico Arms has lowers and parts usually cheaper than Armalite.

I would post this on the AR10 discussion forum.  Also, contact Bigbore and a few others that build there own.  From what I have heard if you can build an AR15 the AR10 is the same process.

Also, someone posted on the AR10 forums which parts are interchangable between the two rifles.  Also check out the EE AR10 board for parts at good prices.

Good luck!  Once you go .308 you'll have a blast!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 quantico arms.  bought a pistol from them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top