Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/6/2006 11:54:31 AM EDT
Vote for your Favorite Brand name, based on overall quality of the product. Poll inbound...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#1]
CMT/Stag
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#2]
In before the poll..

Why make the post without the poll anyway?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Because the "add Poll" button doesn't come up until you make the post!

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#4]
    LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Overall quality: Colt, LMT

Best value: Bushmaster, RRA

All of the following are definitely high-quality brands:
Colt
Bushmaster
RRA
CMMG
Armalite/Eagle
CMT/Stag
LMT

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
RRA fan here.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Stag Arms/CMT
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn it, Spectre1

This is not the Jerry Springer show!

food fight 1

and food fight 2

and another Food fight 3

and this one

100% of responders will vote their own AR or those who dont have one, or have never had one, shouldnt vote, but they will do so---- for the one they wish they had

BTW: As a young man, did you ever put 2 bugs in a jar and shake them up - just to see them fight?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Armalite.

I like my full auto Colts though too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#10]
How many fucking times are we going to see this?

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#11]
In before the magnetic particle inspection. Suck it trebeck!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#12]

I prefer Armalite.

Who makes a better vehicle...Ford Chevy Dodge....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#13]

ya can only beat a dead horse for so long before it begins to stink.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Until your eyes bleed, Mr. November 05!

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1

Maybe somebody can make a "Big Bad Guide to the Good S#iT" type sticky for the top. Same for barrels, float tubes, buttstocks, BCGs, etc etc etc...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Whichever of my ARs I happen to be shooting at the time is the best in the world.  Only problem is that my ARs are mixtures of RRA, Colt, Armalite, Olympic, Bushmaster, and who knows what else.  So in summary, my ARs, that I built,  are the best on the planet.

I wonder how long before this thread turns into a shit storm?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Vulcan.................................all the regulars here should answer Vulcan, and let those who start threads like this learn the hard way.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Overall quality: Colt, LMT

Best value: Bushmaster, RRA

All of the following are definitely high-quality brands:
Colt
Bushmaster
RRA
CMMG
Armalite/Eagle
CMT/Stag
LMT

I agree - except for the LMT part.  Seen enough stories here of them letting stuff get out with issues.  I voted for Colt, tho it pains me to do so.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

ya can only beat a dead horse for so long before it begins to stink.

And I agree - MF is a troll.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#20]
From the factory, Colt.  You can build a rifle of equal quality for a lot less though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Vulcan.................................all the regulars here should answer Vulcan, and let those who start threads like this learn the hard way.

I agree...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#22]
you've been here since 2004 and you haven't noticed that this same thread comes up every week?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That will be our plan next time this thread comes up.  Great idea mongo!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree...

Sounds like a plan

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been here long enough to see it at least a dozen times.  Sad for being "Mr. November 05" now isn't it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been here long enough to see it at least a dozen times.  Sad for being "Mr. November 05" now isn't it.

+1
I was hoping you would point that out...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I like Bushmaster myself
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Fools!!! The answer is a tie between cetme and hesse. Get some!  

oh, and:

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Fools!!! The answer is a tie between cetme and hesse. Get some!  

oh, and:

webpages.charter.net/d3digital/deadhorse.jpg

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#30]
^
looks like someone killed Sam Colt's horse.

Vulcan Arms.   Where the poll spot for them??

The machine guns of the Speshil Phourses

they are the best
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a funny feeling this thread will end up worthless after about two pages.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I have a funny feeling this thread will end up worthless after about two pages.

Yes...yes, I see your point. Blast it all. They are always so valuable too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Dont buy the brand the chokes during harsh DEA testing and needs a 2nd chance to get DOJ contracts.

Likewise, buy the brand that breezes through DOJ endurance testing for fun and begs for more...hint: it's RRA

Thread is ripe for trolling. May as well fan the flames and amuse myself.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Best M4 upper I have seen to date is the BCM line. Think of it as a Colt with a RRA price.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Is that because it uses CMT parts?

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Dont buy the brand the chokes during harsh DEA testing and needs a 2nd chance to get DOJ contracts.

Likewise, buy the brand that breezes through DOJ endurance testing for fun and begs for more...hint: it's RRA

One endurance test and no combat...that's impressive.  

Or to reference my favorite sig line...

Colt probably has staplers or carpet stains in their building that have been there far longer than RRA has been in business. new-arguy, 2005
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Colt probably has staplers or carpet stains in their building that have been there far longer than RRA has been in business. new-arguy, 2005

Didn’t take long for me to get amused...If only my bowel movement was as predictable.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn’t take long for me to get amused...If only my bowel movement was as predictable.

Didn't take long for you to reply...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just said I wanted my fecal matter to be more like you, and that's the best comeback you could muster. Guess all those Colt thoughts dont leave much room for creativity.

Tell us about shot peened. You're good at that at least.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#41]
I voted for Bushmaster because I could not get myself to vote for Colt...Both are fine rifles and My three colts are just dandy.  My single Bushmaster is also just peachy. Bushys are great though they lack a certain "je ne sais quoi" of the Colt please pardon my crappy french
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Best M4 upper I have seen to date is the BCM line. Think of it as a Colt with a RRA price.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Is that because it uses CMT parts?

Partially. The receiver and barrel ext. are from CMT. It is really about the fact that you have the owner of BCM HP testing EVERY upper, MP testing EVERY upper and personally assembling EVERY upper. He also laser bore sights EVERY upper. Not to mention that BCM is one of the few companies that uses F marked FSB's.

There are MANY companies out that there that say that they HP/MP test each and every barrel, but in reality they don't.

Where else can you get all of these things for $399????

C4

Wow! Paul is puttin' them together himself? He's a great guy to deal with and seems to be very knowledgable. I bet they are great! And you can't beat the price...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just said I wanted my fecal matter to be more like you, and that's the best comeback you could muster. Guess all those Colt thoughts dont leave much room for creativity.

While I don't necessarily feel the need to muster anything, I find it odd that your fecal matter and posts have a striking similarity.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While I don't necessarily feel the need to muster anything, I find it odd that your fecal matter and posts have a striking similarity.

You dont feel the need to muster because you werent told by someone. In addition to being able to recite, you're especially good at doing whay you're told. Maybe someone will chime into this thread and give you some direction.

Lets give you a question and see if your head explodes: What is the rate of failure of a non-MP tested bolt vs MP tested bolts per 1000 units if raw matericals and fabrication methods are 99% identical. I bet you dont know but you'll say one is better than the other.

Guess which answer requires less critical thinking and guess which one you will choose.

I knew this thread would amuse me
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#45]
So far RRA!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You dont feel the need to muster because you werent told by someone. In addition to being able to recite, you're especially good at doing whay you're told. Maybe someone will chime into this thread and give you some direction.

Lets give you a question and see if your head explodes: What is the rate of failure of a non-MP tested bolt vs MP tested bolts per 1000 units if raw matericals and fabrication methods are 99% identical. I bet you dont know but you'll say one is better than the other.

Guess which answer requires less critical thinking and guess which one you will choose.

I knew this thread would amuse me

Since non-MP'd bolts will never see as much hard use as MP'd bolts, I guess we'll never know will we?

Just curious...how often do you change the oil in your vehicle?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Since non-MP'd bolts will never see as much hard use as MP'd bolts, I guess we'll never know will we?

What makes you say that?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What makes you say that?

+
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#49]
CMT/Stag & RRA
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#50]
ibtl

ban the newb
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top