Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/6/2006 9:35:00 AM EDT
I was looking around trying to find pictures of tan SOPMOD stocks on the net. After looking through some duracoatings, I saw this. (I'm not going to buy one, trust me.) I've always wondered why LMT hasn't done it, and now the Chinese con atrists not only offer them in tan, but OD, and brown as well.

I just wish LMT would take note of this and maybe consider upping their offerings.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:43:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
I was looking around trying to find pictures of tan SOPMOD stocks on the net. After looking through some duracoatings, I saw this. (I'm not going to buy one, trust me.) I've always wondered why LMT hasn't done it, and now the Chinese con atrists not only offer them in tan, but OD, and brown as well.

I just wish LMT would take note of this and maybe consider upping their offerings.

img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/GP418.jpg
img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/ZE-STOCK-01OD.jpg
img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/ZE-STOCK-01BR.jpg

if you want tan,od,black go with the vltor cheaper and just as damn good as the lmt stocks.

or you can go with magpul the have all the colors you asked about.

or go get some moly resin and do it your self.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:57:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By crazyhorse705:

if you want tan,od,black go with the vltor cheaper and just as damn good as the lmt stocks.

Facial hair removal is best done with a razor. Seriously, the VLTOR is a great stock, but I found myself picking whiskers out of it afterwards.

I'm not really a fan of the soon to be discontinued M93. The CTR looks promising, but I'll have to try it before to decide. Currently, the SOPMOD stock is on the top of my list.

I considered that, but by the time one purchases the stock and the refinishing kit, he's into it for a quite a bit. Not only that, the stock is one of the most abused areas and while I think a scratch in the receivers anodizing adds character, paint scratches that lead to chipping and such look awful IMO.

It would just be easier to buy one that was already tan. Maybe I'm just being lazy, but it seems like a logical idea to me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:06:55 AM EDT

Facial hair removal is best done with a razor. Seriously, the VLTOR is a great stock, but I found myself picking whiskers out of it afterwards.

I'm not really a fan of the soon to be discontinued M93. The CTR looks promising, but I'll have to try it before to decide. Currently, the SOPMOD stock is on the top of my list.

I considered that, but by the time one purchases the stock and the refinishing kit, he's into it for a quite a bit. Not only that, the stock is one of the most abused areas and while I think a scratch in the receivers anodizing adds character, paint scratches that lead to chipping and such look awful IMO.

It would just be easier to buy one that was already tan. Maybe I'm just being lazy, but it seems like a logical idea to me.

yeah that CTR stock looks interesting im also myself looking into magpuls new PRS stock its a little bit more than the collaspible stock lmt has but damnit it will be good for a precision 20 inch ar.

hmmmm i did not know that about the vltors. good thing you said something. guess i will have to keep clean shave.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:32:44 AM EDT
I seriously doubt it, but maybe LMT will surprise us at this years SHOT.

I have seen several LMT SOPODS that have been end user painted and they came out great. It's certainly a better option than buying the airsoft crap.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:31:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger: I have seen several LMT SOPODS that have been end user painted and they came out great.

How are the painted ones holding up? I've seen quite a few people with well used painted ones, and it gave me the impression that once the surface is penetrated it doesn't hold up to well.

I'd still like to see LMT turn my black rifle tan though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:38:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:
It's certainly a better option than buying the airsoft crap.

Have you read negative feedback about the chinese knock-offs from people who have them? I couldn't imaging putting a knock-off electric or mechanical piece on my rifle but a piece of plastic might be different story- it can't be that hard to duplicate and I have a hard time paying as much for a piece of plastic as a small tv costs.

I've seen a couple of threads about them here and everyone who actually owns one seems to be happy with it. Just looking for the whole truth.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:39:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger: I have seen several LMT SOPODS that have been end user painted and they came out great.

How are the painted ones holding up? I've seen quite a few people with well used painted ones, and it gave me the impression that once the surface is penetrated it doesn't hold up to well.

I'd still like to see LMT turn my black rifle tan though.

They looked fine to me, but I'm not into AR cosmetics. These rifles were well used so the paint jobs looked the part.

Give the stock a light sanding to rough up the finsh and then paint. I'm sure it would hold up well enough.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:41:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:
I seriously doubt it, but maybe LMT will surprise us at this years SHOT.

I have seen several LMT SOPODS that have been end user painted and they came out great. It's certainly a better option than buying the airsoft crap.

I hope they do (surprise us)

Maybe thats LMTs stock thats pictured on the HK417 and part of our surprise?

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:41:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 1:40:19 PM EDT by Glock_10mm]

Too bad the VLTOR and Magpul stocks look friggin' retarded wheareas the LMT stock is very good looking.

Now one could argue that looks don't matter, but if that were the case the black color would be just fine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:48:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Glock_10mm:
Too bad the VLTOR and Magpul stocks look friggin' retarded wheareas the LMT stock is very good looking.

Now one could argue that looks don't matter, but if that were the case the black color would be just fine.

If the CRT is anywhere near as comfortable as the LMT, it's a surefire hit.

As for colors, desert tan is about the best common blend for dead grass and such.

Originally Posted By redfisher:

I hope they do (surprise us)

Maybe thats LMTs stock thats pictured on the HK417 and part of our surprise?

I believe the HK417 uses it's own proprietary buffer tube dimensions which disallows interchangeability with any other AR style rifles. For this reason, I highly doubt LMT had anything to do with the development of the 417 stock.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:52:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:56:15 PM EDT

img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/GP418.jpg
img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/ZE-STOCK-01OD.jpg
img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/ZE-STOCK-01BR.jpg

For real stuff, invovate!.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:03:25 PM EDT

I believe the HK417 uses it's own proprietary buffer tube dimensions which disallows interchangeability with any other AR style rifles. For this reason, I highly doubt LMT had anything to do with the development of the 417 stock.

I would have to agree. Although the SOPOD and HK417 stock look superficially similar the HK stock has many HK specific differences.

I highly doubt LMT had anything to do with it. Hell, LMT did not even design the SOPOD. They just paid the bigs bucks to buy the design rights and put it into mass production.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:42:17 PM EDT
I got a piece of RUMINT that Flat Dark Earth and Foliage Green were being considered. Who knows if it was true or not.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:46:16 AM EDT
Where did you get that info?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:44:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Capn_Crunch:
I got a piece of RUMINT that Flat Dark Earth and Foliage Green were being considered. Who knows if it was true or not.

I sure hope it is. Did you happen to hear any possible time frames?

Thanks Cap.
Top Top