Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2006 8:58:18 AM EDT
From the Industry Forum I read that these features available on Colt  M4/MT6400C are supposed to be avaluable. Some are pretty clear, but others don't look so. Can anybody explain me more?

1] M4 feed ramps
2] Staked down castle nut on collapsing stock
4] Proper height front sight block (F-marked) to actually allow one to sight in the rifle properly with a flattop. ???
5] Magnetically tested and proof load fired Bolt and Barrel with a 77k psi 100gr load. Each and every bolt and barrel is done. Is it true?
7] Enhanced extractor spring is standard
8] H-buffer Gotcha
12] Colt has the real M16 carrier, that features a shrouded firing pin, and more metal at the rear. This looks Black Magic

Thanks.

Paolo
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
From my limited knowledge.

1: Smoother feeding.  The feed ramps on the M4 are longer and some barrel extensions are made with them in mind.  I don't believe it's really needed on anything but a 14.5 inch barrel though.

2: Keeps it from coming loose.

4: Some manufacturers have different heights of front sight posts.  Unless you use their carrying handle or replace the front sight post, you probably won't be able to get enough elevation adjustment to zero the rifle.

7: The shorter gas system of the carbines is harsher and sometimes the fired caseing isn't extracted. The stronger extracion spring makes it much more likely that the extracter sill grab the casing.

12: Not legal in every state.  The metal is removed from the rear so that it can't trip a full auto trigger, and the less shrouded firing pin is IIRC supposed to catch a hammer so it can't fire full auto.  Some states say that it's illegal to have any part of a machine gun in any weapon.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
From the Industry Forum I read that these features available on Colt  M4/MT6400C are supposed to be available. Some are pretty clear, but others don't look so. Can anybody explain me more?

1] M4 feed ramps (Like unicorn says....smoother feeding, more reliable)

2] Staked down castle nut on collapsing stock (the "extra mile Colt goes to ensure your buffer tube doesn't come loose at the worst time)

4] Proper height front sight block (F-marked) to actually allow one to sight in the rifle properly with a flattop. ??? (makes interchangeability and optics integration 'work' well)

5] Magnetically tested and proof load fired Bolt and Barrel with a 77k psi 100gr load. Each and every bolt and barrel is done. Is it true? (You bet!. This is the scientific insurance that your weapon will withstand extreme conditions...reliably. Other makers don't do it)

7] Enhanced extractor spring is standard (solid extractions mean more reliable operation....a plus)

8] H-buffer Gotcha

12] Colt has the real M16 carrier, that features a shrouded firing pin, and more metal at the rear. This looks Black Magic (well documented that the heavier carrier delivers more reliable operation, solid lock for follow up shot, and slower - more reliable - cycle)

Individually, they may not mean much. Together they represent the standard in AR manufacturing)

Thanks.

Paolo

IMHO
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on what they said

edit: have fun with your rifle!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top