Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 8:49:04 AM EDT
Will a standard issue Colt CAR-15 Government Carbine interchange parts with a modern M4?  I noticed the front reciever attachement pin is a different size/configuration and I was wondering if there was a conversion to place an M4 upper on the CAR-15 receiver?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been checking the internet (Gunsamerica, Gunbroker, ect) and decided to keep the 6520 A-2 stock so it hold that value.  Those guns are going anywhere from $1600 to $3500.  I bought mine brand new for $620 back in 1989.  I have two other black rifles that are trick, so the CAR-15 A-2 stays stock!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Will a standard issue Colt CAR-15 Government Carbine interchange parts with a modern M4?  I noticed the front reciever attachement pin is a different size/configuration and I was wondering if there was a conversion to place an M4 upper on the CAR-15 receiver?

Thanks

It depends.  There are conversion pins.  

BTW, there is no one "CAR-15" all shorties can be CAR-15s including the M4.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top