Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2006 8:23:42 AM EDT
ANyone here put together an AR upper in 25 WSSM?  I am considering it and would love to hear from those of you who own one, or have even shot one.  What are your thoughts?  I am a reloader, so finding rounds for it in a store wont be that big of an issue.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#1]
smallblockfuelie,
  I dont have years of experience with My build yet, But I can tell you this. It's great to have a 20 sec. swap and it's great to own what you see out to 600yds easy. I built up my first load off Hodgdons web site at the beginning load for a 85gr nos bt and had more power than a 22-250 55gr at 3600fps. I put it on paper out to 400yds, Then went hunting. At 85yds its excessive on fur but I think that has to do with bullet construction more than the round. I had My upper  built by Dtech/Dedicated Technology and it shoots sub MOA with My first load. It has a 22" SUM 1 in 10 twist fluted barrel at .930 di. The only thing I wish I would have done is measure my lower specs. It has a little play and doesn't fit as tight as my stk upper. Dont get me wrong it has a full warranty by Dtech&OLY, But it shoots so well You'd have to pry hard to get Me to send it back for a .001 tighter fit. I've got some ingenuity that works fine.(just give your specs. to be sure) I'll know next time. Dont grind like I did, It took me a year to decide.

The 600yds is my limit not the guns.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply .... Mike has my order for a 25 WSSM already.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top