Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/5/2006 4:17:06 AM EDT
It's been well over a month now since the "supposed" release date. There were all those pics of bolt carriers waiting to be parkerized. Then of course the inevitable "2 week delay". Was es los?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:19:37 AM EDT
Shrike
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:21:14 AM EDT
I'm wondering also. Did you try calling them and talking with them?

John
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:06:13 AM EDT
I think they are going to ship after everyone gets the Shrike they ordered.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:29:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Grendelizor:
I'm wondering also. Did you try calling them and talking with them?

John

No I didn't. There was a guy in the earlier thread about it that seemed to be in frequent contact with ARES. Thought we'd have heard something by now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:10:20 AM EDT
I realize there have been numerous long-paged threads on piston conversions here - in fact they tend to be some of the more spirited discussions we have.

I understand the advertised benefits of the technology, but think it would be helpful to have an un-biased comparison and review of the various offerings

There are literally 100's of thousands of prospects for the products. Perhaps one of the prominent gun mags could do a full-on T/E for us.

It would hopefully offer "which is best" and "why."

H & K
POF
Leitner-Wise
Ares
Colt
and probably others all have products to offer

just a thought
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:17:27 AM EDT
Can't we have one thread about the Ares piston without bringing up the whole Shrike debacle and how they never seem to be able to produce when they say they are going to produce?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:01:03 PM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:20:30 PM EDT
The ARES systems are going out next thursday eastern standard fantasy land time and there being delivered by santa
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:31:45 PM EDT
Before I thought Ares was just a real firearms company that made a serious FUBAR with the Shrike.

Now I'm starting to think they're some kind of ponzi scheme.

I've attempted to stay out of the whole 'trash ares' thing, but it sure is starting to look that way.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:00:32 AM EDT
Not to "un-bash" ARES, but didn't our own SteyrAUG actually get a Shrike?
Top Top