Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/4/2006 6:59:51 AM EDT
I picked up my Colt today, got if for $1060 out the door (it was slightly used). On the receiver it says "Tactical Carbine" however there is no model number. Also, the upper is ever so slightly darker the lower, but you can only notice it upon careful examination. All in all I'm pleased with the purchase, I'll just have to wait until Saturday to shoot :( I looked in the chamber, and it does not appear to be chrome lined (i.e. it's not bright and shiny). I guess this particular model does not come with the chrome lined bore?? It came with 8 magazines, three of them were the Colt low capacity magazines, the rest are a mixed bag of 30 rounders. I'll try to get pics soon, but I don't have a digital camera right now.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:06:25 AM EDT
Check the front of the barrel, it will tell you more by the markings if any.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:09:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 7:11:11 AM EDT by Frens]
I can't help about the barrel. all I can say is that you have a AR6721 model (16'' heavy barrel, 1/9'' twist, flat top upper, collapsible stock, isn't it?)
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:17:05 AM EDT
It looks exactly like the one here: a3 tactical carbine
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:04:58 AM EDT
The majority of the Colt 6721s I saw during the AWB were not matching with the upper and lower receiver colors. Most of them weren't even close.

As already mentioned, you need to look in front of the front sight base on the barrel and let us know what is written there.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:28:06 AM EDT
Is a bright shiny bore the only way to tell if it's chrome lined?

I though i read one of you gurus saying one time that is not the case - necessarily. Now I'm panicking about my 6721 again.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:30:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SamColt:

I though i read one of you gurus saying one time that is not the case - necessarily. Now I'm panicking about my 6721 again.

It is Chrome lined ......now pack those worries away
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:35:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dpmmn:

Originally Posted By SamColt:

It is Chrome lined ......now pack those worries away

mucho grassy ass......again........once again!!!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:43:37 AM EDT
yes it is chrome lined bore and chamber. It dosent take but just a few rounds to make it look black inside. You have to give it a good cleaning to make it shine inside again. Colt barrels are also marked with a 0 close to the barrel extension to signify the chrome. You have to take the hand guards off to see it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:56:57 AM EDT
You guys are making an assumption that the used weapon in question is all Colt..... The original poster still hasn't responded with info on his barrel. While 6721s should all be chrome lined, for the purposes of this thread, that much hasn't even been confirmed.

I certainly hope that he didn't pay 1k for a Colt lower/ parts gun, but it wouldn't be the first time someone got bit at a gun store.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:02:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:

but it wouldn't be the first time someone got bit at a gun store.

Sad but true

The Upper should have the M4 stamp just in front of the barrel below the carry handle
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:05:53 AM EDT
Yes, but the bolt carrier assembly and barrel would be my biggest concern.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:08:57 AM EDT
Well I haven't had this thing long enough to figure out how to remove the handguard, but on the barrel the following is written: C MP 5.56 NATO 1/9 HBAR. Also, the gun came with a warranty card and instruction manual, but I don't guess that necessarily means it is a factory assembled weapon, correct?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:25:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By uscmas412:
....but on the barrel the following is written: C MP 5.56 NATO 1/9 HBAR. Also, the gun came with a warranty card and instruction manual,......

Sounds like you are "safe" to me.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:47:13 AM EDT
Can any one else verify this before I have at it with the gun store?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:04:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 10:28:18 AM EDT by dpmmn]
Make sure that the Bolt Carrier has a C Stamped in it, also the bolt itself will have a C MP stamped or etched right behind the lugs

The Front of the upper reciever will have a M4 stamped in it like in this picture

The Barrel would look like this except it would say 1/9

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:23:40 PM EDT

Can any one else verify this before I have at it with the gun store?

Sounds like you bought what you paid for. Now go forth and shoot......
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:25:33 PM EDT
The markings you wrote are indeed correct for a 6721. If the M4 designation is on the upper receiver, then chances are you're 100 percent colt. Only serious question left would be bolt and carrier. I bet if you post pics of the top of the bolt carrier, some guys will be able to ID it as colt.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:41:49 PM EDT
The M4 markings were definately on the upper receiver. Does anyone have any tips for removing the handguard??? I have one half off, the other side is being a pain in the **
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:00:49 PM EDT

The M4 markings were definately on the upper receiver. Does anyone have any tips for removing the handguard??? I have one half off, the other side is being a pain in the **

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/handguards/hgd-tool.asp
Top Top