Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2006 6:41:11 AM EDT
I'm looking for a M4 style stock complete kit (mil spec) to replace a fixed A2 stock. I know LMT,Stag/CMT and VLTOR offer the mil spec buffer tube, but I would like to know who offer the M4 stock with the fixed sling swivel like the one in the pic below. CMT LMT or VLTOR?

thanks,
Frens
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:10:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked up an LMT buttstock like you describe from Jason at JTAC Supply and have been very happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:31:25 AM EDT
[#2]
U.S. Military issue Colt M-4 Buttstock Kit

www.specializedarmament.com/

Part #: SA07012

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#3]
think they all have the sling loop on them

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup they all have it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
U.S. Military issue Colt M-4 Buttstock Kit

www.specializedarmament.com/

Part #: SA07012

real colt are too expensive. thanks anyway

@ uxb: thanks for the link

@ eklikwhoa and Lancelot: so, both LMT and CMT comes with the fixed sling swivel?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I have three of the LMT versions, they all have the sling loop and are very nice stocks quality wise.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Frens:

CMT/Stag has recently (in the last couple of months) changed the specs on their "M4 Type II" buttstocks. The tube is the same, but the stock body is now like RRA/Bushy/CavArms stocks. The LMT is spec. If I recall, Denny at Global Tactical has some of the original spec CMT's in stock, available with standard or H buffer. Dunno about international shipping though...

ETA: Just checked GTS website and the CMT's are all gone. Only LMT's he has in stock are the SOPMOD Crane...Sorry!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought the only difference on M4 type stocks was the tube diameter, what is it that CMT changed?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I thought the only difference on M4 type stocks was the tube diameter, what is it that CMT changed?

CMT is still using the same MIL-STD spec receiver extension, but the plastic/polymer stock body is now molded like CAV/RRA/Bushy 6 position stocks. They are a bit longer, wider, do not have a closed fence around the lower sling loop, and have a rounded area near the front of the adj latch instead of squared off. I like the true M4 spec stocks better. I think LMT still makes them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#10]
thank you very much Spectre1! I've learned a lot!

does anybody know where I can buy a mil spec LMT/CMT stock body?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Are you looking for just the stock body or the whole assembly?

A few weeks ago I was cruising the EE and found some stock bodies for sale, both CMT and LMT, from vendors and private sellers. If I could remeber who had them, I would tell you. Sorry for not being much help...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm looking for the whole assembly. but find a complete kit with mil spec buffer tube and body stock seems quite hard.. I'll take a look at the EE

thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Frens:

DSG has the LMT M4 stocks for $115 + $15 for buffer and spring

Rainier has CMT/Stag M4 stocks for $80 complete, but if I recall teknic said they were the new style Stags...

ADCO carries LMT, but seems to be out of stock at the moment, as is Grant, but he shows the CMT in stock...

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I got this one CMT/STAG

It's works but it rattles like a sumbitch
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#15]

thanks! I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CMT is still using the same MIL-STD spec receiver extension, but the plastic/polymer stock body is now molded like CAV/RRA/Bushy 6 position stocks. They are a bit longer, wider, do not have a closed fence around the lower sling loop, and have a rounded area near the front of the adj latch instead of squared off. I like the true M4 spec stocks better. I think LMT still makes
them.

I also prefer the original mil spec M4 stock instead of the new CMT version.  The one thing I do like about the new CMT/Bushy/RRA ect.. is that the lever  has the stippled are as where the Colt mil spec M4 is smooth.

I am also pretty sure LMT still makes them mil spec
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CMT is still using the same MIL-STD spec receiver extension, but the plastic/polymer stock body is now molded like CAV/RRA/Bushy 6 position stocks. They are a bit longer, wider, do not have a closed fence around the lower sling loop, and have a rounded area near the front of the adj latch instead of squared off. I like the true M4 spec stocks better. I think LMT still makes
them.

I also prefer the original mil spec M4 stock instead of the new CMT version.  The one thing I do like about the new CMT/Bushy/RRA ect.. is that the lever  has the stippled are as where the Colt mil spec M4 is smooth.

I am also pretty sure LMT still makes them mil spec

I think so, too. They call it "enhanced" vs. "Type II". Also, I believe that the LMT's are a 5 position extension (same as Viltor, right?) vs a 6 position like CMT. Colt M4's are 4 position.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Eaglefirearms in colorado has the best prices and theres are stag wich+cmt.Their basic assembly with a standard buffer is $62 and most expensive $85 with a 9mm buffer.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes, but Chris has the new style Stags, not the style that Frens is looking for...otherwise he would have been the first place I would have suggested.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I just ordered a new one direct from bushmaster and installed it today, looks and works great.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I just ordered a new one direct from bushmaster and installed it today, looks and works great.

These are not the Mil-Std M4's that Frens wants...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top