Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 2:34:05 PM EDT
Gonna take some photos during the day tomorrow, but these are OK. The rail came out looking pretty good. Would look even better with a 14.5 or smaller barrel. I put troy front and rear sights on it. Used a larue low-profile gas block. It feels lighter and I love how slim the rails are.

Thanks to all those on my thread a month or so back who advised me to go with Larue. I love it.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet rifle,love that look. Which rifle case is that, it looks pretty functional?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Who did the work?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The bottom case is a quilt, LOL
just kidding. The rifle is the cats meow.
Wish I was there.

Bill
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyone always asks about my rifle case. I started a huge thread in GD about a month ago concerning it. It is only $45.00 , comes in many colors and uses the PALS webbing on the outside. Here is the store I got it from:

Modular Rifle Bag

I can fit EVERYTHING I need except my ammo can in that bag. I got binoculars, targets, 2 pairs of gloves, tools, 6 magazines (loaded), bipod, lula loader, spare bolt, as well as the rifle in the main compartment. It is triple-stitched, double padded seams and is a solid case. I love the thing, and find it to be one of the best deals out there for shooting accessories. I've gotten probably 10 guys I know plus members on here to purchase the thing. Kinda funny...

I got the work done for $25.00 from a guy in Pinellas Park, FL, his name on here is crackerbill2 , and he is a great guy. I would recommend anyone in the Tampa Bay, FL area to go to him.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, remedy!

Lot's of high end gear you have there.

I-shot?
Larue
more LT
Surefire
Vltor
ACOG
Vortex
HK
Troy

did I miss something?

Very nice.................Congratulations!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Here are some photos of it in the rifle case if you are interested:

- rem
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the additional pics. and the link. Looks like a very handy case.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't even use my Eagle Discreet carrying case any more. I like this one a lot better and it was half the price. I wouldn't pay over $100 for a rifle bag if it doesnt have webbing on the outside.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't even use my Eagle Discreet carrying case any more. I like this one a lot better and it was half the price. I wouldn't pay over $100 for a rifle bag if it doesnt have webbing on the outside.

- rem

So I'm assuming that you haven't had any problems with it, meaning the zippers, buckles, and seams have held up.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Very nice setup you got there. Maybe oneday I too can have such a nice rig.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks great.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So I'm assuming that you haven't had any problems with it, meaning the zippers, buckles, and seams have held up.  

Yep, no problems. Very rugged and I can throw it around more with the added padding, plus the padding around the edges where the zippers are hold the rifle in better, and make it more stable in there.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yep, no problems. Very rugged and I can throw it around more with the added padding, plus the padding around the edges where the zippers are hold the rifle in better, and make it more stable in there.

- rem

Just placed an order.
Thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#17]
very very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yeah, I think I said something about that bag in another thread.  If you quit showing it to us we'd quit commenting on it!!!  Just kidding!!!  I got sort of good one now, but not that nice.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Someone knocked it off a table onto the concrete at the range last weekend. Only made a couple knicks in the upper receiver. Very very small, and it mainly hit the side of the bipod and the scope adjustment caps on the ACOG. I got lucky, but it did earn it's first two dings. YOu can see them on the left side of the upper receiver under the flattop.

ETA: Even more dicked up is that they hauled ass instead of telling me they knocked it off. I found it sprawled out under the table. It fell on to concrete from 3-4 feet. I was amazed when I wiped everything off that there was no damage really.

- rem

Quoted:
Nicecarbine.  Now go ding it up.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:49:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Sweet looking stick.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:46:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I've thought about putting a 9.0 on my carbine, it wears a 7.0 now. Can you get a shot from the muzzle end so  I can see how the rail clears the block? Is the block completely covered by the 9.0?

Thanks.....

There is a thread about that case in the slings and other section.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#21]
No problem Lancelot -

Keep in mind this is a Larue 9 with a Larue LP gas block, so I dunno if other types of gas blocks will fit due to how slim these rails are. These photos are in 800x600 which should be good enough to show the area.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Very Nice
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice weapon, and nice pics. Hope it shoots as good as it looks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:23:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow!  That is really looking good!  I see I have to catch up....hotos!
Really, really, sweet....see ya in a few days...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Good looking rifle.

I looked at that first picture and said, "Hey, that's the same rifle case I have". I just bought it a couple weeks ago at a local gun store. It is perfect for the AR gadget freak. I have a bipod, ACOG, Aimpoint, and a 10x scope, and a Surefire 900 series light: all on Larue mounts in the case. I have a suppressor, various rail covers, mags, second vertical foregrip, etc. in that case.
Then I kept reading and realized that I payed twice as much as you did.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:05:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks!

So the gas block extends past the end of the rail just a touch, but not enough to worry about. That's great.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey Remedy,
 Thanks for the heads up on the bag!
I was going to order one until I found
out they are about 1/4 of a mile off my
work to home route. I guess I'll have to
leave work early to pick it up! Bummer!
Great looking rifle, by the way. Good Luck!

Johnny C!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Thanks!

So the gas block extends past the end of the rail just a touch, but not enough to worry about. That's great.

Actually the photos are deceiving, the gas block is like 2mm shorter than the rail. It doesn't extend past it. They are almost dead even.

- rem

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#29]
What kind of front sling adapter is that on your rail?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#30]
tagage - to buy teh bagage

great looking rifle!!! very nice...........

<-------dang - that's the evr popular 762 post.....

I think I'm getting tired
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
What kind of front sling adapter is that on your rail?

MI Sling Mount for Tactical Rails (#06)

- rem
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey rem and any others that this pertains to, how does the trijicon rate for close up.  Seems like it'd be over powered until like 50-75 yards but to be honest, I've never got to handle one or look through one on a rifle.  I'm sure the reticle may help being colored and everything but I just wanted to get your opinion.  My main reason for asking is for home defense, it seems like it'd be to much power.  What power is yours btw?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#33]
    I'm thinking of going with this same setup.  Sweet looking weapon!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#34]
It's either the Larue Gas Block extends past the forend a tiny bit or you see the barrel step just past the end of the gas block.  

I think it looks nice this way.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Hey rem and any others that this pertains to, how does the trijicon rate for close up.  Seems like it'd be over powered until like 50-75 yards but to be honest, I've never got to handle one or look through one on a rifle.  I'm sure the reticle may help being colored and everything but I just wanted to get your opinion.  My main reason for asking is for home defense, it seems like it'd be to much power.  What power is yours btw?

Mine is a TA01 4x32 with low-light tritium in the reticle. It doesn't glow during the day or night, only in low-light such as dusk or dawn.

I would not recommend a 4x32 scope for home defense. The minimum visible distance is like 15-25 yards or something.

Get a 1-4 variable scope that allows no magnification to mid-range magnification with a lit reticle. Something like a Leupold Mark 4 1-3x14mm CQ/T

- rem
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#36]
JosephR,

Regarding the gas block and 9" rail combo- the gas block is a few mm short of the rail. It doesn't extend past it, it only appears that way from my photos due to the angle I took them at.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#37]
oh, I thought we decided it did extend past and that was just fine.  whoops...

Hell, a TA01 at 50 yards still kicks ass!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:08:53 PM EDT
[#38]
How many compartments are there on the case aside from the 3 MOLLE pouches and the main rifle compartment?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#39]
There is a large main rifle compartment, one mid-size compartment under the webbing/pouches area.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey Rem,

Wanted to throw you a quick "Thanks"...  

Saw your article on the rifle bag (like a week after I bought my Blackhawk), but told my Lt. buddy about it.  

We were getting ready to do a rifle shool (last month) and he was looking for a case.  I printed your article off, he immediately bought one (in black) and I was there when he opened it.  Of course, all the other Officers around saw it, asked for the website and are probably getting theirs also.  

After the week of school, he told me that he loved it!  Hell, I am thinking of buying one for "just in case".

Just wanted you to know!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Tominator425, thanks!!

I just converted a couple more guys at the range yesterday. Also got to test out the new rail. Man, the thing stays cool!! No more heat buildup, really like it a lot.

Also, I discovered a really wierd thing - M855 shoots out to 700 yards very easily, I was actually getting good groups and having a blast with it. Clipped the orange groundhog a couple times with the AR. Something a lot of guys with long range scopes and .308's were having trouble doing. Well there was some mirage on the field, but I got lucky more than once.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#42]
WTF? "Someone" just knocked your rifle off the bench? I don't even know how I would respond to that. Beatings unless related. Nice rifle!  

Quoted:
Someone knocked it off a table onto the concrete at the range last weekend. Only made a couple knicks in the upper receiver. Very very small, and it mainly hit the side of the bipod and the scope adjustment caps on the ACOG. I got lucky, but it did earn it's first two dings. YOu can see them on the left side of the upper receiver under the flattop.

ETA: Even more dicked up is that they hauled ass instead of telling me they knocked it off. I found it sprawled out under the table. It fell on to concrete from 3-4 feet. I was amazed when I wiped everything off that there was no damage really.

- rem

Quoted:
Nicecarbine.  Now go ding it up.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#43]
what's worse is that the poor thing was sitting there unattended out of it's bag waiting to be molested or abused in some way or another!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Well I had to run down to the end of the firing line to talk to a guy who was spotting some long range shots for a few guys, we were all shooting at the same thing. Someone walked by, knocked it off and ran. Believe me, I looked around but couldnt find the offender. My heart sank when I found it laying on the ground... but I was relieved that almost all the white concrete stuff wiped off and there were no scratches other than 3 pencil-tip sized marks on the middle of the left side upper receiver.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:25:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Remedy,
 Thanks for the heads up on the bag!
It's one of those real gems you find not so often.
By far the nicest I have ever found & for $50,
its unbelievable. Even my wife commented on
how nice it is. I got the OD.
Thanks!

Johnny C!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:53:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Very nice build!!!
Let me know if you want to sell it , I have a spare $1k to spend.

Quoted:
Wow, remedy!

Lot's of high end gear you have there.

I-shot?
Larue
more LT
Surefire
Vltor
ACOG
Vortex
HK
Troy

did I miss something?

Very nice.................Congratulations!!

Yep Hague Grip
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#47]
hey remedy, your rifle looks good with your accessories
mounted i did not get to see it all put together
glad to help. bill
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Very Nice....

A quick question if you don't mind, is that 14.5" + Vortex  or a 16" + Vortex?

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#50]
16" + Vortex
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top