Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/2/2006 9:36:25 PM EDT
Isnt a AR pistol classified a SBR if it has a VFG? So the the carbon 15 pistol with a pic. rail on the bottom of the hand guard, isnt that just inviting ATF rule breakers? I might be wrong on this but some one gimme some feedback.

even thou bushys carbon line is ghey i was just wondering.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:40:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2006 9:45:31 PM EDT by ALPHAGHOST]
SBR=Short Barrelled Rifle--i.e.: any rifle w/ a bbl less than 16in

the AR pistols, as long as they do not have a butstock (or anything that's suppose to be used as a buttstock), are pistols and do not fall into the SBR rules or rifle rules (they are pistols)--the buffer tube has been allowed for functioning and oked as long as it does NOT function as a buttstock (but you can sorta use it as one...)

rails do not matter; h/w, if the pistol has a VFG, i believe that it turns into a AOW (more BATF rules)
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:58:57 PM EDT
Lower rails on a pistol can be used for bipods, lights, lasers, ect,, (just no forward grip). Bushmaster is not inviting anything, they are giving the shooter options. Could you put a forward grip on the pistol? Yes - like you could on any pistol ever made.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:04:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pigmy:
Lower rails on a pistol can be used for bipods, lights, lasers, ect,, (just no forward grip). Bushmaster is not inviting anything, they are giving the shooter options. Could you put a forward grip on the pistol? Yes - like you could on any pistol ever made.

so putting a forward grip on pistols is OK and within the law (i thought that was a no no w/ glocks....)?

thanks pigmy
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:22:44 PM EDT
My point is that there is nothing inherently evil in having a lower rail on the Bushmaster pistol. And as stated in my first post it is a no-no to a add a forward vertical grip unless it is a AOW firearm. This applies to all pistols. Having a lower rail or not you can ILLEGALLY add a VFG to ANY pistol. Bushmaster's lower rail does not affect that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:23:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pigmy:
My point is that there is nothing inherently evil in having a lower rail on the Bushmaster pistol. And as stated in my first post it is a no-no to a add a forward vertical grip unless it is a AOW firearm. This applies to all pistols. Having a lower rail or not you can ILLEGALLY add a VFG to ANY pistol. Bushmaster's lower rail does not affect that.

yea, thats what i figured
Top Top