Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 6:38:35 PM EDT
I find all the collective discussion of what is better than this or that a total waste of time and completly boring. Then some complete idiot who owns one AR chimes in and talks up Colt as the ONLY real AR. Then some other rocket sientist pops off about how Olympic Blows and Sucks. Do you not realize how stupid all this conversation is?

I think that ALL of the AR receivers are so freekin much the same that i cant even bring my self to say what the best one is.

The best i can tell... they are all hunks of aluminum...all machined from similar machine tools (if not the same machine tools) all machined from similar programs to a similar spec (if not the same programs and same specs)... and all anodized black in finish.

What is all the discussion about? Do you all have to argue about which one is better because you want to think the one that you happen to own is the best.?

I just really dont get it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You've reeeeeeally got a long way to go.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I think mine is the best!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]
WTF are we going to talk about then?  That is what is the purpose of this site.  Should we just have a love fest of all guns?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#5]
So what are you saying, Colts are better?  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#6]
buy one of each...

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#8]
When I was in grade school:  my marbles were better than my buddies because I liked the color.  

When I was in junior high school:  Schwinns were the best bike, I did not care for the Murrays or the Sears bikes, mine was better.

When I was in high school, my Camaro with Cherry Bomb exhaust and Cragar Five spokes was the fastest and better car, better than the Mustang Mach 1's and Plymouth Dusters....

When I was in college, HP calculators were better than TI

I see the pattern here......

BTW, I now think Fords are better cars and trucks, so I can change...

LOL,

77Bronc
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#9]
ARs suck. AKs rule.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#10]
guns are bad.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#11]
it all depends on the LOGO

Bushy has the best
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I find all the collective discussion of what is better than this or that a total waste of time and completly boring. Then some complete idiot who owns one AR chimes in and talks up Colt as the ONLY real AR. Then some other rocket sientist pops off about how Olympic Blows and Sucks. Do you not realize how stupid all this conversation is?

I think that ALL of the AR receivers are so freekin much the same that i cant even bring my self to say what the best one is.

The best i can tell... they are all hunks of aluminum...all machined from similar machine tools (if not the same machine tools) all machined from similar programs to a similar spec (if not the same programs and same specs)... and all anodized black in finish.

What is all the discussion about? Do you all have to argue about which one is better because you want to think the one that you happen to own is the best.?

Nice start, jump right in and tell us how you really feel

If you hang around long enough and actually purchase something your opinions will change
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

If they are idiots your post shows you have to work your way up to the status of an idiot as at least their opinion is based on experience even if extremely limited. Your post reflects that you have no idea of how receivers are made or what is involved as well as the rest of the components that make up the rifle. Or to use your words, " the best I can tell is they are all hunks of aluminum" and "I just don't get it"
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
snip
all machined from similar programs to a similar spec

Take note of what I highlighted in red.

That is where you are wrong.

One of the fastest ways to tell with my three Ar15s is how much "work" is required to tap the takedown pins out.
Bushmasters: Hardly any, I can push them out with my fingers.
RRA: Requires something used as a punch or a punch and tapping.

Second easiest is how much play between the upper and lower receivers.
Bushmasters: Quite a bit, does not affect the performance but there is a lot.
RRA: Very tight, very solid and hardly any play between the two receivers.

So saying they are machined to the same specs is BS. Your comment only shows how little experience you have with Ar15s. They are not all machined the same, albeit very close, but not the same. Go buy a Vulcan/Hesse then tell us they are all the same quality and machined the same.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You're absolutely right.
I currently have 4 ARs of different flavors (an a pistol) , been shootin these type guns
for
around 30 years ( started with a M16A1) and I don't know SQUATcompared to
some people here.

Course I'm always willing to LEARN
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:36:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Then some other rocket sientist

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:04:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:33:53 AM EDT
[#18]
blablabla is right
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top