BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Why is that joking Doc? You seriously going to argue that 5.56 in close quarters is better than a 12 Gauge shotgun? You going to argue that most people don't know what that all so familiar racking of the pump on a shotgun sounds like? You going to tell me that you are sure you have enough time to worry about shot placement in the dark while your heart is pounding out of absolute fear that you can't even hardly focus? You get maybe one chance for one shot before fire is returned, sorry but the 12 hits a bit harder. Just my logical reasoning for using a 12 for house purposes or CQB. No offense bro' but your'e the one who is joking.  

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
WTF is up with this thread?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
WTF is up with this thread?

THE 'THING'  THAT WOULD`NT LEAVE..................
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Back on topic. . . .

Why don't you just get a mag pouch like the Galati ones and stick that next to the AR in the safe?  If you have to move quick, you can grab the AR and the mag pouch and have six mags good to go.  You'd be better off anyway, since the Galati pouches would be less bulky to carry in the field if you actually had to use your AR.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:26:45 AM EDT
[#5]
The  infamous over penetration and  pump racking is giving me a headache. Anyways what do you use to carry your mags in while on the move other than the bags? A chest rig?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Why is that joking Doc? You seriously going to argue that 5.56 in close quarters is better than a 12 Gauge shotgun? You going to argue that most people don't know what that all so familiar racking of the pump on a shotgun sounds like? You going to tell me that you are sure you have enough time to worry about shot placement in the dark while your heart is pounding out of absolute fear that you can't even hardly focus? You get maybe one chance for one shot before fire is returned, sorry but the 12 hits a bit harder. Just my logical reasoning for using a 12 for house purposes or CQB. No offense bro' but your'e the one who is joking.  

Your post is so full of internet comando myths.  All of which have been disproven with actual testing and real facts.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#9]
as much as i love to shoot, disassemble and ogle my rifles and pistols,  i really primarily rely on two indoor german shepherds for home defense and theft prevention.

(oh, by the way--although i am heading to the gunstore to look at shotguns today, it's for my recent interest in  sporting clays)
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#10]

It's nuts to leave guns out of the safe when you are not home.

Either keep the empty bags next to the safe or buy another safe to put the full bags into.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Colt, HK, SOCOM16,........Taurus??? Whats wrong with this picture?

Don't badmouth the Taurus. ;)

I have/have had 1911s, Sig P220s , Beretta 96, 92, 84s,  Browning Hi-Powers, and a slew of other combat and sporting type pistols... and my Taurus PT58 is probably my favorite in terms of accuracy and reliability.

However, I'll take my Beretta 96 over it, and my M1911's over the Beretta for combat type scenarios.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#12]
What was the Question ?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I can shoot an AR faster than that. You are as bad as the guy using birdshot and a snub nose .38 for home defense.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have two Tactical bags ready to go, one with a Colt 6920 and 6 loaded mags, in the pistol slot an HK USP9 with 4 loaded mags.  Another bag with a SOCOM16 and 4 loaded mags, a Taurus 92 with 4 loaded mags.  Grabbing these and throwing one in each truck would be fast and easy.

However I am a teacher and don't carry on campus.  If our house is broken in to it will be easy for a crook to grab the bags.

Should I put the guns into the safe and try to bag them as we get word that something is happening.  Or hide the Tactical bags, or buy a steel military wall locker and loc the Tactical bags in it?

Where you teach at?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top