Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/31/2005 9:47:42 PM EDT
Im about to build a new lightweight "superlite" like rifle.

Since Bushmaster cant give me anything for 6-8 weeks, Ill be building it from parts mostly from dealers on this site so I would like some input and recommendations from you guys.

The barrel will likely come from CMMG

I want like a Colt bolt,  KY imports says they sell them.  I have a separate thread going on this one.
other thread  Does anyone think there are any other bolts/bolt carrier groups as good as Colts....than I can get in less than 2 months

Ill prolly end up buying the LPK and upper from some RRA dealer.  Prolley Legal Transfers.

VLTOR stock, DD 7.0 or 9.0, light, misc parts from Brightflashlights.

Aimpoint M3/Larue from whoever is cheap.  

DPMS lower from local dealer/friend.

What do yall think of a mutt gun like this.  I Think as long as my bolt/bolt carrier and barrel are top quality I should be fine.  Ill be puttin in an Accuracy Speaks trigger anyway so half the lower parts wont be used.  Ill be going VLTOR for my entire stock set.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
My current project is with a CMMG 14.7" LW w/perm A2. Its a really sweet piece, and my second build with one their barrels. (first one is a 14.5" M4 w/perm Phantom)
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not post it in the builder forum?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top