User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#1]
This is simple.

To the best of my knowledge there is not one city within the entire United States that allows discharging a weapon within city limits.

The law states discharging a weapon. If you want to interpret this statement to mean something other than that, then you can have the felony rap on your shoulders and don’t bitch and never own another weapon legally again.  

For those of you that are going to great lengths to hide from view just so you can shoot blanks and you do not see something wrong here then you should be striped of your right to own weapons. Yes you are the irresponsible one that is helping the liberals in there quest.  In case you can’t understand I will spell it out.
If you have to hide your actions then you are doing something wrong! And you obviously know better or you would not be hiding. DUMBASSES

Common sense people. Some have it some want it others will never have it.

Yes breaking the law will aid every liberal in the war to ban all weapons.
So go ahead show no common sense shoot those little harmless blanks and get a felony rap and help all of us to loose the rights we pro gun people fight hard to keep.

Thank you Rollyman
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If a bullet goes straight up, and comes to a stop, and then comes straight down, it isn't going to kill you. It might not feel good, but it certainly isn't going to kill someone.

Buzzzz....Wrong.

I too was going to respond to this guy but I figured there was no point because he obviously does not have the mental capacity to wipe his ass without help.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If a bullet goes straight up, and comes to a stop, and then comes straight down, it isn't going to kill you. It might not feel good, but it certainly isn't going to kill someone.

Buzzzz....Wrong.

I too was going to respond to this guy but I figured there was no point because he obviously does not have the mental capacity to wipe his ass without help.

Hopefully he can read.....
Sad, sad truth.....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah rounds that come back down can kill you, we had a guy take one in the calf a couple of weeks ago walking through the PX parking lot.

About a month ago the iraqi's won a soccor game against the iranians, there was so uch celebratory fire for a second we thought somethign fun was going to happen.  but it was all going up. went back into my room. It started comming back down. more then one round went through a trailor.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully not too many people from most of Texas or Oklahoma that are on this board actually went out back and lit off any serious fireworks-I really don't want to see another grass fire news story in the paper!

Blanks are not benign, either.  Fire one after dark without a BFA (out in the boonies where you won't violate any laws or disturb anyone) and see for yourself-you'll get a flame something like four or five feet long out of a 20" AR.  Bigger blanks (think .30-'06) are much more dangerous, and that's just the GI kind.  "Hollywood" blanks are designed to give a huge flash and extra loud report-and have injured and killed people too.  Yep, just the blank itself, without anything in the barrel.  It is also very easy to start a fire with some blanks from the flame and blast.

Some years ago I read about how it was standard practice for LAPD patrol cars to be under cover around midnight on New Year's Eve because in some neighborhoods they could count on encountering a rain of lead from "celebrating" citizens.  It's very dumb to "celebrate" by firing into the air.

My entire celebration noise for New Years was popping the cork on a nice bottle of champagne (that I got a real deal on-the grocery store marked it down because it had been on the shelf for too long!).  That's enough for me.

Ok, Mr. Safety Man has finished.  Go on about your lives, citizens.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Last year I just emtyed a pistol mag into the ground (in city limits). Year before I made a nice bomb, the pictures fell off the neighbors walls when it went off (Still city limits). Some cops made a few passes infront the house but they had I idea who did it.

Filmed it but when it went off my camera skiped and the sound cut out

Was only for sound though, didnt even mess the ground up it was sitting on, was standing 15 yards from it and shot with pistol.

Completely safe just loud
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buzzzz....Wrong.

+1 - what a retard thing to say.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Last year I just emtyed a pistol mag into the ground (in city limits). Year before I made a nice bomb, the pictures fell off the neighbors walls when it went off (Still city limits). Some cops made a few passes infront the house but they had I idea who did it.

Was only for sound though, didnt even mess the ground up it was sitting on, was standing 15 yards from it and shot with pistol.

Let me get this right.
You placed a homemade bomb on the ground within city limits and shot it with a pistol
While filming it with a camera?
This you feel is/was a safe thing?

Yet another example of a person with an IQ level less than 10.

This guy thinks it is ok because he did not get caught, I am sure he laughed and smiled watching the cops look around to no avail. Feeling liberated by his getting away with something.  

If he had a working brain he would realize he is just putting more gas on the fire.
Look Dumbass there is still a report taken on your actions. This was not an unnoticed event because they did not catch you. If there is paperwork it can and will be used against
Every gun owner.

If I have to explain to you that shooting into the ground is wrong in so many ways well then I think the next round should go to you. (I am not talking about a drink.)
Sorry but we need the air for those of us that have a brain.

You are one or more of the following.
#1 A troll looking to get a rise out of this.
#2 Sarcastic punk that feels this is funny.
#3 if this is a true happening then you are mentally challenged and need to seek the help of professionals.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If a bullet goes straight up, and comes to a stop, and then comes straight down, it isn't going to kill you.  It might not feel good, but it certainly isn't going to kill someone.  If you fired it at low angle, then yes, you could kill someone with the bullet.

I wanna hear you're reasons as to why you think a bullet that goes straight up...."and comes to a stop", then comes straight down isn't going to kill you.  You could drop a penny from high enough and it could kill someone....but I'm just curious as to why you think a bullet wont.  And remember, we're talking come down on a persons head.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

No....

Im gonna say completely FUCKING STUPID...

People that do stupid shit like that cause problems for legitimate gun owners...

Please take notice of the context of my use of the word legitimate...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#11]
My father and I have been shooting off 12gauge blanks on New Years for a couple of years now.  They're much louder than fireworks.  We used to live in a neighboorhood where everyone would be out in their front yard or the street yelling and making noise and we'd come out and blast off a few rounds and they'd stop for a while and stare at us.  Nobody ever called the cops or said anything.  Now we live somewhat more isolated so no worries.  My friends get a real kick out of shooting them too but it scares the crap out of our dog.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#12]
For some reason all the idiots around here like shooting on New Years; several hundred rounds last night withing a few miles of here.  Over in the city it's even worse, and of course everything that goes up comes back down.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I cannot believe you even asked this question.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Last night I recorded the sounds of dozens of handguns and rifles being fired off in this area. I actually looked over my back wall and saw a group of teens firing some .22's into a tree and the ground. They were timing it with the fireworks that were being thrown up downtown and on the beach.

Fuckin kids.

But that is what I get for living in the 'hood.

Police helicopters were circling around in our area, sometimes turning their lights off.

ETA: If you must shoot a firearm within city limits or in an un-safe area (not at the range), please shoot it into the dirt or ground. Don't be a fuckhead and shoot it into the air. We had a woman shot at the Vanoy Hotel in downtown St Petersburg. Shot through the neck and died, because some jackass on a boat fired off a handgun into the air.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I already put in my $.02 worth, but I have to add the following for those morons that think believe that a bullet that goes "straight up, comes back straight down.  In the real world, there is no "straight up/down". Wind alone will cause some drift and most of these idiots aren't thinking straight and can't shoot straight either.  Any angle other than exactly straight up will allow the round to retain forward velocity and that is where the danger comes from. Unfortunately, most of the rounds fired off "in celebration" are at an angle that poses the most danger at the end of the flight. It ain't just "falling" on someone's head!

Why can't these idiots just shoot each other and leave the bystanders alone?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#16]
worst.... thread..... ever......
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top