Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2005 6:21:24 PM EDT
....of explaining some of the trash going around.

Can anyone give me the latest info?

Thanx,

Dave S

Troy, I'd really appreciate your input on this one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Who is Troy?

And reguarding your question about the CG contract and LW, why not ask LW directly instead of getting second hand info.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What trash?  This all happened before I was here, Paul will be along to explian the 50 Beowulf sitution if I can convince him too.  We dont want any fights, please ask specific questions and we may be able to answer them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:01:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanx LWRC_Matt.  

I can understand someone's enthusiastic love of the big bore AR.  When I crossed this thread by Wildman in Arizona... well, hell, I remembered Troy giving some input on some of the early L-W/USCG contract info in a two and a half year old thread.  Wildman has a rabid and defensive hard-on for L-W and I have forgotten the contents of that thread.

I believe the thread had input by some of the other big bore builders as to which round made its way into the minds of great men and then down the bore first: .458 SOCOM, .50 Beowulf, or the .499 L-W.  I bet Tony has alot to say about that and the 50AE.

Was just wondering about the historical side of all this.  

www.assaultweb.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=006166

misterjg,  for someone that has been here since Mar03 and probably lurked longer, you should know that going to Troy is as good as going to LW/Paul/President Bush.  da-da-damn.

Dave S
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:18:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I do not know anything about the .458 except that its cool.  The 50 AE was what Paul started with.  Then he went to untrimmed 50 AE brass.  Then he went to our own new cartridge which is made by a 3rd party (we could not afford to build an ammo plant of course).  I will not comment on our relation to Alexander arms.  But that is all you need to know about the development sequence of our loading.  If you have a specific question about the CG, we may be able to help you.  I suggest you look at the ballistics for the 3 different loadings and pick what is best for you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:37:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#7]
What is it you are looking for? The LW499/CG deal is deader than fried chicken, never really got anywhere to start with. As to what happened, that is a longer story.

Beowulf?

Dirt?

Not sure what you are asking I guess...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#8]
[quote from other thread]the .458 SOCOM was intended for Military applications but it fell short of desired results, so it is relegated to civilian curosity. [end quote]

I haven't had a laugh that good in a long time.  How little he does know.... fell short my butt
Now I need a new wireless keyboard because this one is dripping with Mt Dew ....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
[quote from other thread]the .458 SOCOM was intended for Military applications but it fell short of desired results, so it is relegated to civilian curosity. [end quote]

I haven't had a laugh that good in a long time.  How little he does know.... fell short my butt
Now I need a new wireless keyboard because this one is dripping with Mt Dew ....

Okay Marty link that thread buddy... I missed cartoons this morning
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Tagged for later...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay Marty link that thread buddy... I missed cartoons this morning

It's in the Assaultweb thread that DaveS linked earlier in this post.  I went through it and WildFire is the guy who locked horns with Dave ...  he is rather, shall we say, energetic, in his posts.  And it would appear all of his information is from Paul LW, which, to be honest, to me is like asking Henry Ford which car he thinks is best .... no matter how impartial you try to be, you will never be able to be truly so, and will never had all the information.  Hence my amusement at the statement I clipped ... I know better.  And out of respect for my customers, I will not mention who they are, which I am sure they will appreciate.  I was surprised enough to find foreign media divulging this information in print with pictures ....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top