Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 4:37:39 PM EDT
i'm looking for information on Stinger Arms or Mega Machine Shop.  if anything, what have you guys heard about them?  i just recently purchased my first AR and the lower has these two stamped on the outside of the mag-well.  not a bad weapon IMO.  punched out 1000 rounds so far without any issues.

so, anybody got a clue who these AR makers are?  i tried googling to no effect.  any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Mega lower and think it is great.

www.commtechreview.net/firearms/megalwr.htm
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
that's the second time i've seen a Mega lower with the "nuclear atom symbol" in the background.  however, mine has "Stinger Arms" written in cursive writing w/ "Model M.M.S." below it.  then of course the Mega Machine Shop, Tumwater, WA near the trigger.  ever heard of that model?

i've looked everywhere and have yet to find one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 4 Mega lowers (2 with the grip on the front of the mag well) and like them a lot. I think the Stingers are the same lower with a different logo - I like the Atomic logo personally.

I purchased all of mine HERE
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
that's the second time i've seen a Mega lower with the "nuclear atom symbol" in the background.  however, mine has "Stinger Arms" written in cursive writing w/ "Model M.M.S." below it.  then of course the Mega Machine Shop, Tumwater, WA near the trigger.  ever heard of that model?

i've looked everywhere and have yet to find one.

They are fairly common, and are a high quality upper and lower.  I'm not sure if MMS is still making the Stinger lowers, or if they are sticking with just Mega for current production.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I was recently able to compare the quality of my Mega lower to a friend's Lauer (LMT) lower.  I can tell you that the Mega is of far superior finish.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the feedback everyone.  greatly appreciated!  

i gotta say, the machining and finish is flawless.  i've looked it over a million times and haven't seen a blemish yet.

the shooting is great as well.  1000 rounds of winchester 55 gr. FMJ without a problem.  

thanks again for the replies.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top