Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2005 4:18:49 PM EDT
I have a PRI flip up front sight.  It shoots about 4 inches low at 50 yards with the new BUIS.

When adjusting the elevation on the front sight, how much does POA go up/down per quarter turn?  I'm guessing it's something like 1MOA per full turn or something like that, but that is a guess.  This may have been included in some documentation that long since went the way of the dodo....

I'm hoping this isn't a "screw with it, fire a few shots, screw with it some more..." situation.

Any info?

-Tx
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a PRI flip up front sight.  It shoots about 4 inches low at 50 yards with the new BUIS.

When adjusting the elevation on the front sight, how much does POA go up/down per quarter turn?  I'm guessing it's something like 1MOA per full turn or something like that, but that is a guess.  This may have been included in some documentation that long since went the way of the dodo....

I'm hoping this isn't a "screw with it, fire a few shots, screw with it some more..." situation.

Any info?

-Tx

Nope, you'll have to screw with it.  My colt book shows the exact measurements for each click and they are in the centimeters.  If yours is anything similar, you'll have to do some cranking.  But maybe someone will come along and tell you what it is exactly.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, on a 20" rifle, each click on a square front post is 1.25MOA.

I can't remember what the click measurments are for the shorter barrels.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top