Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:34:56 PM EDT
I was wondering what this bushmaster would be.

Mid Length or M4

Click Here

some one enlighten me

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:37:16 PM EDT
carbine gas system with 16" M4 barrel
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:37:26 PM EDT
M4. Midlength refers to the gas system, not the barrel length. Bushmaster does not make midlengths. Go to RRA or Armalite if you want a midlength.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:37:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:44:43 PM EDT
yeah, I say CAR too because of those non-M4 handguards on the supposed "M4."

I do understand it's not a true M4, but how hard is it to give the right handguards, huh?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:14:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 1:21:30 PM EDT by olds442tyguy]

Originally Posted By JosephR:

I do understand it's not a true M4, but how hard is it to give the right handguards, huh?

Colt sued them as they have the rights to the M4 handguard design.

Bushmaster had to stop producing them, and they will probably resume production in four days (IIRC) when Colt's patent runs out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:31:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:

Colt sued them as they have the rights to the M4 handguard design.

Bushmaster had to stop producing them, and they will probably resume production in four days (IIRC) when Colt's patent runs out.

some up to date news about that
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:32:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By silveradoguy17:
I was wondering what this bushmaster would be.

Mid Length or M4

Click Here
some one enlighten me

you found the link in which offers a description of what it is.

Bushmaster 16in M4 Type Carbine
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:18:54 PM EDT
I don't know, but doesn't the title kinda, sorta give it away? Maybe it's me reading too much into it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:19:51 PM EDT

I like the CAR handguards better. As far as looks go. The other ones might be better for heat though.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:29:26 PM EDT
Are you telling me this is yet one more ghey aspect of Colt's little tantrum? Bushmaster can call this carbine their M4 type but can't use M4 type handguards? I think you are full of shit on that one. EVERYONE makes M4 type handguards.

I do know that COLT has beaten up a lot of competitors through the courts over the last few years but that can't be THE reason BM uses non M4 style handguards. If it were, they wouldn't have been able to call it an M4 type rifle...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:37:16 PM EDT
The issue is the double heat shield. Only Colt can make them, until the patent runs out, which is very soon. Every one else makes single shield handguards.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:47:20 PM EDT

Are you telling me this is yet one more ghey aspect of Colt's little tantrum? Bushmaster can call this carbine their M4 type but can't use M4 type handguards? I think you are full of shit on that one. EVERYONE makes M4 type handguards.

I do know that COLT has beaten up a lot of competitors through the courts over the last few years but that can't be THE reason BM uses non M4 style handguards. If it were, they wouldn't have been able to call it an M4 type rifle...

+1.
I don't know what the deal is with Bushy and the fat handguards.
They don't list them on their site.
They don't ship them with their rifles.
IIRC the first set I bought came from Bushmaster. I ordered them for my shorty AK the day I bought it. And yet, I no longer see them on the site.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:47:30 PM EDT
I think olds442guy overgeneralized the fact that Colt is lawsuit happy and incorporated a little too much into their patents.

By the way, I was directing my comments at him. I now realize that might not have been clear before.
Top Top