Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/27/2005 6:53:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 3:04:16 PM EDT by Firelotus]
Does Bushmaster make a Chrome Bolt (whole assembly)? If so where can I find one? Couldn't find one on their website or in their catalog. If not, does another company make one the runs smooth (no problems) in a bushmaster? Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:00:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:19:48 PM EDT
Les baer has them and the individual parts.I rebuilt my bolts with chromed ejectors and extractors.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:54:17 PM EDT
Is chrome better than stainless steel?

-Jason M
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:18:11 PM EDT
dpms has a chrome bolt carrier & assembly.

http://www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=BCBA-C1AS

does anyone make a stainless bolt? you know to match a stainless barrel.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:36:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bobby7321:

The DPMS bolt is a POS stay away!
But the Les Baer and be very happy.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:46:22 PM EDT
DPMS makes one I think, I know they make a titanium one. Check www.deltaforce.com
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:52:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fullauto4u:

Originally Posted By bobby7321:

But the Les Baer and be very happy.

No it's not, I just ran several hundred rounds through a DPMS M4 with a chromed B/BC, it ran 100% out of the box.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:09:56 PM EDT
Bushmaster offers Chrome Carriers on some of their Carbon Rifles but nothing else. I called and double checked and then asked why and the girl told me because they're not Mil-Spec. DPMS has a very good reputation, hopefully they are good, as I just bought one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:13:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 8:15:26 PM EDT by Dog1]

Horseshit..I have thousands of rounds through 2 DPMS bolts and never, not once had a problem with them.

In fact, I have had thousands of rounds through DPMS, bolts, carriers, LPK's and lowers...not once have they failed....

Now back on target.....I have a chromed DPMS carrier here that I just sold on the EE...I'm getting rid of it only because I need a slabside carrier for a retro build and I needed to generate fundage....

It looks great...I got it used and it looks great.

If I needed another one I would not hesitate to buy one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:12:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2006 6:46:31 AM EDT by shamayim]

Originally Posted By Dog1:

Horseshit..I have thousands of rounds through 2 DPMS bolts and never, not once had a problem with them.

In fact, I have had thousands of rounds through DPMS, bolts, carriers, LPK's and lowers...not once have they failed....

Now back on target.....I have a chromed DPMS carrier here that I just sold on the EE...I'm getting rid of it only because I need a slabside carrier for a retro build and I needed to generate fundage....

It looks great...I got it used and it looks great.

If I needed another one I would not hesitate to buy one.

Gee, the one I had for a couple of months ran OK, but was so full of gouges and tool marks that I couldn't stand to look at it. So I swapped it for a Colt M16 piece.

DPMS may use decent materials, but their contractors have yet to learn how to remove tool marks, and avoid banging the pieces together in the box; and I speak as one who just spent several hours taking off the milling machine marks and refinishing a bunch of DPMS hinge pins.

(Edited to Add) Scroll down to the "Uppers, Lowers, " etc. section and look for a note headed "Bolts and Carriers" if you want further info on DPMS stuff.

And no, I don't think all DPMS pieces are this defective. The problem w/DPMS is that they apparntly have zero quality control, and leave it up to the buyer to find the defective products.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:25:56 AM EDT
Thankfully not.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:32:47 PM EDT
Is there a chrome bolt made by another company that will run well in a busmaster receiver?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:41:54 PM EDT
This thread makes my head hurt.

There is no good reason to get an all chrome bolt. Chromed interior, like the good ones are, is fine. DPMS bolts are in fact shit. I know that from experience. If you want a good, reliable bolt, buy a Colt or CMT MPI bolt.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:20:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2006 4:57:13 PM EDT by Dog1]

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:

There is no good reason to get an all chrome bolt. Chromed interior, like the good ones are, is fine. DPMS bolts are in fact shit. I know that from experience. If you want a good, reliable bolt, buy a Colt or CMT MPI bolt.

And I can tell you from my experience that DPMS bolt's are not shit, but ask me about the POS Bushmaster I have...my DPMS stuff looks like Colt when side-by-side with the door stop that is my Bushmaster..

It's all opinion....I disagree with anyone that hates DPMS...they have NEVER, not in thousands of rounds, failed me. I have never needed their Customer Service..

When I needed Bushmaster's Customer Service, I was told..." We cannot help you at this time." For a canted FSB...

OK what ever...I could sell this POS, but I do not what to pass off my problem to someone else..

I'll guess I have to throw money at the Bushmaster to fix it..

Colt is the only other brand that has never failed me as well.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:54:45 PM EDT
Buy Colt, you can't go wrong..
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:35:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dog1:

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:

And I can tell you from my experience that DPMS bolt's are not shit, but ask me about the POS Bushmaster I have...my DPMS stuff looks like Colt when side-by-side with the door stop that is my Bushmaster..

It's all opinion....I disagree with anyone that hates DPMS...they have NEVER, not in thousands of rounds, failed me. I have never needed their Customer Service..

When I needed Bushmaster's Customer Service, I was told..." We cannot help you at this time." For a canted FSB...

OK what ever...I could sell this POS, but I do not what to pass off my problem to someone else..

I'll guess I have to throw money at the Bushmaster to fix it..

Colt is the only other brand that has never failed me as well.

I had a DPMS go TU in 2k rounds, from when it came out of the box. The BCG is out of spec, as is the receiver rail. I have also had issues with BFI components. My Colt and LMT products are the ones I trust--they run like the energizer bunny.
Top Top