Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/26/2005 1:43:45 PM EDT
Local gun shop has a neutered AR for sale for $680 plus tax. I am sure I could talk them down as I always do. It the typical neutered AR with a 16 inch lightweight non threaded barrel, flattop upper, and A2 stock. I figure I cna build another AR with decent parts for around $600, but it wouldnt be a complete Bushmaster rifle. Anyone think this is a decent deal for a Bushamster? I can get a new Bushamster 6 position stock for about $60, sell the A2 complete for about $40.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:30:39 PM EDT
id lower it towards the $600 or less
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:10:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dace:
Local gun shop has a neutered AR for sale for $680 plus tax. I am sure I could talk them down as I always do. It the typical neutered AR with a 16 inch lightweight non threaded barrel, flattop upper, and A2 stock. I figure I cna build another AR with decent parts for around $600, but it wouldnt be a complete Bushmaster rifle. Anyone think this is a decent deal for a Bushamster? I can get a new Bushamster 6 position stock for about $60, sell the A2 complete for about $40.

Figure what a pre-ban or post-post-ban Bushmaster would be, then subtract what it will cost to replace the FSB, turn down and thread the barrel and install a proper A2 flash supressor. That should even the playing field...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:15:36 PM EDT
I have a "post-ban" Bushmaster. It cost me $50 for be bbl to be threaded/add flash hider and that's where I stopped.

I could care less about folding stocks or bayo lugs so I'm set!

Make the rifle's condition a big part of your decision...if the rifle is really clean then it's probably worth working with.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:17:30 PM EDT
BTW...

The Iron Cross is pretty darn cool!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:32:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By theBUBBAMANcan:
BTW...

The Iron Cross is pretty darn cool!!

Oh thanks, I dont know if you read the caption but it was my Great Opa's.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:44:33 PM EDT
Buy it and give it to Derek to trick out . Outstanding work .
Top Top