Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 1:43:45 PM EDT
Local gun shop has a neutered AR for sale for $680 plus tax.  I am sure I could talk them down as I always do.  It the typical neutered AR with a 16 inch lightweight non threaded barrel, flattop upper, and A2 stock.  I figure I cna build another AR with decent parts for around $600, but it wouldnt be a complete Bushmaster rifle.   Anyone think this is a decent deal for a Bushamster?  I can get a new Bushamster 6 position stock for about $60, sell the A2 complete for about $40.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#1]
id lower it towards the $600 or less
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Local gun shop has a neutered AR for sale for $680 plus tax.  I am sure I could talk them down as I always do.  It the typical neutered AR with a 16 inch lightweight non threaded barrel, flattop upper, and A2 stock.  I figure I cna build another AR with decent parts for around $600, but it wouldnt be a complete Bushmaster rifle.   Anyone think this is a decent deal for a Bushamster?  I can get a new Bushamster 6 position stock for about $60, sell the A2 complete for about $40.

Figure what a pre-ban or post-post-ban Bushmaster would be, then subtract what it will cost to replace the FSB, turn down and thread the barrel and install a proper A2 flash supressor.  That should even the playing field...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a "post-ban" Bushmaster.  It cost me $50 for be bbl to be threaded/add flash hider and that's where I stopped.

I could care less about folding stocks or bayo lugs so I'm set!

Make the rifle's condition a big part of your decision...if the rifle is really clean then it's probably worth working with.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW...

The Iron Cross is pretty darn cool!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
BTW...

The Iron Cross is pretty darn cool!!

Oh thanks, I dont know if you read the caption but it was my Great Opa's.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy it and give it to Derek to trick out . Outstanding work .
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top