Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 11:12:52 AM EDT
Just picked up what seems to be a well-built AR  in 5.56 with an awesome trigger.....almost too light; it has a Mega Machine Shop, Inc. lower stamped Model SC-15 with a serial # of SAW 1XXX.  The upper is a flat top stamped SAW Custom, with the stamped letters in the same size/style/font as the ones on the lower.  It also has a threaded 16" HBAR with a slotted top/bottom compensator, and a metal forestock, and SOCOM style collapsible stock with no markings that I can see on either.  If I can post this pic, it is the bottom rifle......any ideas or knowledge of this weapon, or seen/heard any reviews?

Thanks,

Jeff

http://community.webshots.com/photo/197000250/529140488LJbdpq
community.webshots.com/photo/197000250/529140488LJbdpq
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Airsoft?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes!!!  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you catch the name of this website by any chance?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#4]
IBTAL
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#5]
All I was wanting was some input.  Yes, it's an AR in 5.56.....

Oh well, thanks anyway.

Jeff
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It's really sad that this type of reply has become standard fare on this site.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
it's a kit gun, Mega doesn't sell complete rifles

Thanks, I know it's not a Colt, Bushy, Armalite, RRA, etc, and I assumed it was a custom job; I guess maybe I should ask does anyone know anything about the manufacturer "Mega machine shop".   Comparing it with my RRA A2, it seems to be as well built, with about a 1-2 lb pull on the trigger....can't wait to fire it!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you catch the name of this website by any chance? hr

It's really sad that this type of reply has become standard fare on this site.

+1
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Did you catch the name of this website by any chance? hr

I see I've been a member longer than you have here;  I am also an FFL, and I deal in Class 3 firearms, so I'm just not some punk @ss kid asking stupid questions, just so we're clear.

Thanks,

Jeff
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Mega makes only stripped uppers and lowers. I've built 3 ARs from them and they are IMO quality parts, but as already stated they don't make complete firearms so the OTHER parts may be really crappy parts, or high quality, depends on who built them to begin with...

BTW, I scrolled through your album you posted, very very nice collection I especially like that MP40.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
it's a kit gun, Mega doesn't sell complete rifles

Just in case it was missed the first time you said it....
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Mega makes only stripped uppers and lowers. I've built 3 ARs from them and they are IMO quality parts, but as already stated they don't make complete firearms so the OTHER parts may be really crappy parts, or high quality, depends on who built them to begin with...

BTW, I scrolled through your album you posted, very very nice collection I especially like that MP40.

Thanks!  The guy who allegedly built this rifle (AR) is very meticulous, and had a LOT invested in it, so I believe/hope he spared no expense with parts....I'll find out how it functions when I take it out tomorrow hopefully!  BTW, the MP40 is my favorite when I'm shooting just for fun, very controllable!hanks
Jeff
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
...Mega Machine Shop, Inc....

Read this:
www.commtechreview.net/firearms/megalwr.htm

Then ask these guys:
www.carricozarmory.com/mega.htm
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Mega Machine Shop, Inc....

Read this:
www.commtechreview.net/firearms/megalwr.htm

Then ask these guys:
www.carricozarmory.com/mega.htm

Thanks for the links; quite interesting!

Jeff
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You know, I can handle all the self appointed, all knowing yet often mistaken experts on here... but why do you have to be a an out-and-out dick?

As too the original question: Me thinks that someone is thinking that "SAW Custom" leads back to Ken Elmore... I am sure that it does not. Call Mega in Tumwater WA and ask them who that serial number run was for? Best I do to help you...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
He spared a little expense... The optic is a very inexpensive copy (Leapers? T168) of a nice scope (Trijicon TA11 ACOG), the magazine looks like a inexpensive steel 20 rounder, and I cant be certain, but I really think the muzzle brake is installed incorrectly. Brakes like that should almost always have the slots to the left and right. Certainly I have not seen every muzzle brake, so cant say for 100% sure, but I can say that every brake I have ever seen like that is supposed to be mounted with the slots on the sides.

While Mega is a decent lower, seeing that inexpensive scope and mag would really want me to take a closer look at what else he skimped on inside the gun.

LOL!  The scope & mag were some stuff I had laying around in my gun room!  I don't know about the brake, but it's not even tightened down at the moment, so I guess I was a little misleading with the pics!  The scope is, in fact, a Leapers.......right on!  I plan to break it down tomorrow with a friend who knows more than I do....

Thanks for all the info!

Jeff
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top