Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/26/2005 10:00:45 AM EDT
Howdy!  I'm a retired Marine grunt who was with 3-5 during the invasion of Iraq.  Came back with an enemy marksmanship badge and a CAR.  I'm looking to buy my first ar-15.  I don't need anything fancy just want to go out and shoot and possibly upgrade later.  I'm looking at this particular weapon on guns america and wanted to know if it was a good buy.  I appreciate any help.  Thanks.

www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976595689.htm
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I would personally go with a RRA.  It is what I shoot and it is very reliable, accurate and the finish is great.  I will buy another one sometime this year. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#2]
So you would recommend this weapon to a first time buyer?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Anything Bushmaster or Colt
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#4]
03ki11er -- I've only been doing the AR thing for about 6 months, so I'm kinda new at it too...... I bought very slightly used "during-ban" DPMS, which I have modified, ( new stock & grip, railed handguard eotech)-------- I love it and shoot it regularly --------------I have also built a DPMS stripped lower with a DPMS used gun-show free float upper and mounted a varmit Tasco scope on it --- also love it......

I bought or built both of these for a little less than you are thinking about paying.  

If you can field strip an AR you can build one from a stripped lower.

Just my personal experience with the sickness/passion/addiction which is the curse of the black riflehinking
Maybe OD green, I don't have a green one, or tan or rifle.... no mid-length.......... might have to build two more... no three...............
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the advice.  I know i can strip it for cleaning purposes, but didn't think I could actually build one.  I'll look into that.'
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#6]
just get an RRA, Entry Tactical in my opinion is the coolest. ar15sales.com these guys have good prices, good guys to deal with.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Price and components are fine, I own both brands and are equally good. I would recomend a 20" A2 standard rifle (flash suprpessor and A2 stock) as your first rifle, then save the M4gery type for the second rifle.  But nevertheless this is a good first rifle.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]
My RRA has never failed me. I just ordered two more kits from them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top