Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/25/2005 6:16:07 PM EDT
I'm getting ready to order a kit for a sixteen incher.  Is there any reason for me to order the 6 position buttstock over the 4 position?  Pros and cons?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the 6 as it has more options for a better fit, and it has a larger buttplate and a sling swivel.

The 4 pos unit generally are built like the older CAR style with the smaller buttplate and only an option for a top sling.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#2]
go with the 6.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
go with the 6.

+1
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
go with the 6.

+1

+3
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:06:33 AM EDT
[#6]
6position
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:17:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Get the 6 if you want a more traditional collapsible, go with the magpul 13 position if you dont.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:45:42 AM EDT
[#8]
mainly 6 for better fit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:53:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Seems like six position is the standard.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:11:26 AM EDT
[#10]
i was told to go w/ the 6--so i will recommend the six also

out of curisoity (anyone): collapsed, are the 6 and 4 position stocks the same lenght?

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:33:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i was told to go w/ the 6--so i will recommend the six also

out of curisoity (anyone): collapsed, are the 6 and 4 position stocks the same lenght?

never checked personally.    However I always use mine in the full extended position, so it really doesn't matter to me.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:13:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Then there's always the oddball......

My Government Carbine, I modified the buffertube from 2 position, to 5 position.

I simply drilled a center position, halfway between open and closed, then an additonal position, either side of the midway position.

Gives me an adjustment for whatever position I choose.

Lonny
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe a little off topic, but regardless of the number of adjustment options, what is the solution when, for convenience sake (like in the trunk or ready rack), the stock is kept in the compact position and when getting ready to shoot the user needs to extend the stock, BUT not to the last setting?  Is there a technique or device that keeps us little short arm guys from ending up with max pull when in a hurry, but not a rush?

TIA.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:27:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Maybe a little off topic, but regardless of the number of adjustment options, what is the solution when, for convenience sake (like in the trunk or ready rack), the stock is kept in the compact position and when getting ready to shoot the user needs to extend the stock, BUT not to the last setting?  Is there a technique or device that keeps us little short arm guys from ending up with max pull when in a hurry, but not a rush?

That's why the Magpul M93 was invented .

Personally I leave my stocks on the 2nd to shortest setting and it works fine & stores compactly.  Otherwise you could put a pin in the stock just behind the hole to prevent the stock from sliding any further.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's why the Magpul M93 was invented .

Personally I leave my stocks on the 2nd to shortest setting and it works fine & stores compactly.  Otherwise you could put a pin in the stock just behind the hole to prevent the stock from sliding any further.

Thanks, that is what I was doing, but wanted to see if there were alternatives. If space were really a real issue with me, I wouldn't be FAT!

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the input guys.  I've got a Del-Ton kit with a six position on the way.  Now for a lower reciever......
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top