Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/24/2005 12:09:10 PM EDT
Hello all,

I've built two AR 15 lowers from 80% starters now and enjoyed the experience as much as I enjoy shooting them.  I have two more KT-15 lowers coming (hopefully soon).   (THANKS to QCMGR on the build it thread!  Very helpful to a novice machinist )

I put Bushmaster uppers on the first ones, and a few other trick parts like TiN bolt and carrier,  BMAS freefloat, etc.  most of the parts came from Bushmaster, some from DPMS depending on who had what in stock.  Both companies were great to deal with.    

For the new ones, I'm intrigued by the American Spirit Arms uppers.   Does anybody here have any experience with those products?  

Thanks.  

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The builder section may develop better answers for you.  

My experience with ASA parts has not been stellar, but I've never purchased an upper of theirs.

Where you looking at a stripped upper, or an assembled one?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I would probably opt for one of their assembled uppers.  They offer Wilson or Lothar Walter bbls and have them in fast twist which I'd like for shooting heavier bullets.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top