Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/24/2005 7:48:06 AM EDT
I finally got my SBR stamp and yesterday I installed my TROS 5" 3 lug barrel and here's the end result.

Now that is how that upper will always look, and I sure hope it works because that barrel is never coming off, I felt like I was pressing an AK barrel on. I had to heat the receiver and then tap the barrel on with a block of wood and a dead blow hammer. At about 3/4th on it was completely stopped and took an awful lot of pounding and heat to get it installed, but at that point there was no stopping, I would have never been able to get it out.

Has anybody else ever had that problem with a barrel?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:27:41 PM EDT
I guess I posted this in the wrong forum.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:38:45 PM EDT
I wish you would have told me that about 5 days ago.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:40:27 PM EDT
I had TitleII Build my SBR JUST Like yours and the TROS 5" Shoots GREAT man!

You will love it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:12:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TURRICAN:
I wish you would have told me that about 5 days ago.

Don't Sweat It.

Originally Posted By TZLVredmist:
I had TitleII Build my SBR JUST Like yours and the TROS 5" Shoots GREAT man!

You will love it.

It's quickly becoming my favorite, I can't get enough of it, it's an AR that I can shoot pistol steel courses with.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:42:23 PM EDT

Now that is how that upper will always look, and I sure hope it works because that barrel is never coming off, I felt like I was pressing an AK barrel on. I had to heat the receiver and then tap the barrel on with a block of wood and a dead blow hammer. At about 3/4th on it was completely stopped and took an awful lot of pounding and heat to get it installed, but at that point there was no stopping, I would have never been able to get it out.

Has anybody else ever had that problem with a barrel?

What barrel?

Cool build.

Arbiter
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:17:54 AM EDT
My setup is almost exactly like yours and I had no trouble at all with the bbl fit. What brand upper did you use?? Wonder if something was out of spec??
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:59:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KYtechmike:
My setup is almost exactly like yours and I had no trouble at all with the bbl fit. What brand upper did you use?? Wonder if something was out of spec??

Rock River.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 2:27:53 PM EDT by fdawg]
I oredred the 9 inch from TROS via Ameetec... Can't wait to check that out... Damn, class 3 takes f o r e v e r..... went with the miad grip kit and the HK lugs for the TROS mp5 suppressor, which will be availible to me uhhh 2008 perhaps...my first class 3 so I hope the extra 400 bucks and the long wait are worth it... :)
Top Top