Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:11:18 AM EDT
I have my new (and first one) AR-15 in hand. What cleaning or lubing should be done prior to shooting for the first time? I'm a handgun guy and usually a patch or 2 thru the barrel and some oil and it's ready. I will try to post some pictures this week. There's a little voice in my head now saying something about "building" the next one.......
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:23:44 AM EDT
Congratulations, dbracin!

You will find the information tab at the top of the page to be a very helpful source for this type question.

Information Link

The short answer is - Yes, follow your tried and true method. I like to inspect my new guns down to the assembly level at least and then re assemble with the proper lubrications

Todays AR15's essentially come ready-to-go, but its always a good idea to get involved with your guns operation - hence the breakdown

Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:26:27 AM EDT
Spare replacement parts, ammunition, magazines, ....... all these are next on your list.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:01:46 AM EDT
how about going out and shooting it after you clean it!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:54:30 AM EDT
Just shoot it!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:31:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dbracin:
There's a little voice in my head now saying something about "building" the next one.......

I would get to know the one you just got, first. Get comfortable aiming it, shooting it from various positions and cleaning it. See if it fires reliably.
Top Top