Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2005 9:26:13 PM EDT
For those with the .40 cal upper conversion from olympic arms, i'm curious if you had to change out the standard .223 buffer with a heavier one?  Also is the standard .223 hammer good? or do you need to change it similar to that of the 9mm conversions.

Edit:  Thanks for the comments guys.

Brush - nice link
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:16:28 AM EDT
[#1]
you would probably get better feed back in the pistol & rimfire caliber forum
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:45:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm using a standard 223 hammer with my Oly 40. conversion.

What kind of ammo are you using?  I found that my Remington 155 Gr ammo was a little too hot for the standard buffer.  My main concern was abuse on my lower, but it makes the action cycle a lot smoother and slower with a heavier buffer.  I've tried an "H" buffer and an Advanced Armament buffer.  The AA buffer is smoother, but might be overkill on a semi auto.   I would try it out with whatever ammo you use before switching it out to a 9mm buffer.  

My .40 thread
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top