Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/21/2005 5:08:50 PM EDT
How hard would it be to make a CA friendly AR with an internal 10 rnd magazine that can be fed with stripper clips without having to open up the receivers to do it? I dont live in an awban state so it doesnt effect me but I see all of these AR's where you have to break it open to load it and im wondering if you could make a similar weapon that could be loaded without so much effort.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:29:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 5:32:55 PM EDT by no_knock556]
With stripper clips? Damned near impossible with a traditional style AR. I suppose an upper could be engineered to load and eject out the top, ala the old Winchester 94 lever actions, but I'm thinking that would seriously weaken the aluminum upper, even with the traditional ejection port closed off. Not to mention that you wouldn't be able to mount traditional optics.

Although, the idea is certainly intriguing...

ETA: With a flattop receiver, BUIS, and a cantilever mount for an optic, I suppose it could be done, but what about the gas tube setup? Hmmmmm...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:41:59 PM EDT
I think it would be easier just to rent a uhaul and move to a more AR friendly state.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:53:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FL-AR15:
I think it would be easier just to rent a uhaul and move to a more AR friendly state.

A year ago if you asked me where I was going to retire, I would have said california. Now that I own an AR (and plan on owning many more) I'm looking at Nevada or Arizona. Three years, can't wait.

Gene
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:15:36 PM EDT
Arizona is Gun Friendly but it is being overrun by Californians. The growth rate here is destroying the desert and all of the local shooting spots are becoming housing developements not good. I have lived here since 1969. When I retire I am moving away too many people too little desert left.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:18:21 PM EDT
It would probably not be feasible due to the fact that the only other way to feed the stripper clips would be to have a removable floorplate and spring assembly. I believe that would violate Cali's regs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:59:19 PM EDT
well what I was thinking was a new engineered upper that could feed sort of from the top but also from the side. kinda like from the 1 o clock position and have some internal mechanism that would straighten everything out. Inotherwords stick a stripper into the ejection port at an angle and then push down on the cartidges and an internal mechanism alignes the cartidges as they come off of the clip and lines them up in the magazine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:38:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2005 12:01:41 PM EDT by Gunzilla]
removed
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:31:51 PM EDT
Or how about a mechanism that lined up voters at the booth, and then they could strip off the handful of goofey liberals that have a chokehold on the state and straighten everything up?

1+
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:49:29 AM EDT
It's sad to say that the same thing is happening in the Northeast. A great number of Massholes are infecting New Hampshire and spreading their liberal ways. Look at the last Presidential election. The mayor of Boston is crying that New Hampsire gun laws are too lax, therefore causing the murder rate in Boston to skyrocket. Sorry for babbling on, just living in a facist state and trying to vent.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:37:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WolfAR15:
How hard would it be to make a CA friendly AR with an internal 10 rnd magazine that can be fed with stripper clips without having to open up the receivers to do it? I dont live in an awban state so it doesnt effect me but I see all of these AR's where you have to break it open to load it and im wondering if you could make a similar weapon that could be loaded without so much effort. hr

Hell, I can't even get stripper clips to load into magazines.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:14:24 AM EDT
With the exception of my service time, I have lived my entire life in Arizona. And I agree, too many damn liberals moving here, and not just from California. Pro-gunners you all are welcome, but keep the damn liberals at home.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:23:31 PM EDT
well all sentiments aside, does anyone with technical experience have any idea how hard it would be or if it would be possible to do what I listed above? Cause me thinks that opening up the receivers to load your rifle is rediculous.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:29:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2005 5:31:51 PM EDT by PanzerMK7]
Here's a link to a Bushmaster offering that is everything you asked for, except that you have to open the receiver to load the damn thing. Probably the best your going to find for a long time. Here's to hoping you effect your escape from CA. Whoops, I infer from your post that you were already aware of it. Oh, well, it's the best I can do.
(copy and paste)

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/Carbon15/azc-c15rm4ft.asp
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:04:25 PM EDT
btt. so that more can see the question.
Top Top