SEARCH didn't hit it.

Does it exist?

BK
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask Tweak, he might have a link.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
There should be some info on FSB height with flat top receivers. I had posted some questions on it around six months ago, and got some pretty good responses. I had an issue with a Bushmaster barrel, RRA flat top, and ARMS 40 BUIS. Found out you have to use an extended front sight post in order to zero, or get a barrel that has a properly set FSB height. One brand was mentioned with the proper FSB height (shhh, its Colt), but the important thing to check for is a "F" stamped FSB. Apparently such a "F" marked FSB is the proper height for a flat top reciever.
MB
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#3]
A F stamped FSB is necessary for any short (shorter than 20") sight radius application, A1, A2, carry handle, BUIS or flat top. You can get around this by buying a .040" taller front sight pin from brownells. If you have a F post or a long pin on a long barrel, you just screw it in a few more clicks. If you have a short post/pin on a short barrel, your pin is going to be sticking up above the flat of the post, being all wiggly and stuff.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Many thanks. Bear with me here please ...

So when starting from scratch (RRA upper) and building a flat top with a 16" bbl ... I need to order the taller front post from Brownells when using ANY FSB I purchase or ... any FSB other than an F marked Colt ... is that correct?

AND ... will the taller post stick up over the protective ears in most correctly assembled builds?

Please forgive my ignorance.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Roger that.

Thanks man.

BK
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top