Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2005 2:19:02 PM EDT
I've got an A1 style Fulton Armory Legacy Rifle.  It was my first AR and I ordered it with a C7 upper to get as close as I could to an A1 in a new rifle.  Since then, I've built a couple ARs and am building a more authentic A1-style rifle.  I've got a Colt M16A1 upper from CDNN.  If Colt-653's A1 lower deal ever comes together, I'll put it on one of those.  If not, I'll modify a Stag/CMT lower to A1 specs (or as close as possible).

Once I have a more authentic A1 clone, I plan to turn my Legacy Rifle into my SHTF gun.  I'd like to put Surefire M511 handguards, a Colt CS stock (if I can find one for less than SAW wants) and RB Precision aluminum buttplate on.  It's got a Colt USGI 1x12 barrel and a Colt bolt and carrier.  I've already upgraded the extractor and ejector springs and bolt rings and polished the chamber.  There's not much more I can do with the internals.  The rifle is broken-in, shoots close to MOA at 100 yards and is dead reliable with XM193 or Q3131A and USGI 20s and 30s.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be happy with my SP1 clone as a SHTF rifle. It may not have all the extras an A2 or M4gery has on it but it is nice and light and has been quite reliable.
BTW, I got my deer with it this year too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Lucky bastage - IIRC we have a 6mm minimum for deer here in WA.  Then again, it's an excuse to get a 6.5 Grendel upper
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top