Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 9:24:02 AM EDT
I just wanted to let everyone know about my experience in dealing with this company.

Last week I ordered the GG&G ACOG mount through Centurion Tactical Systems.  Centurion didn't have the item in stock and ordered it drop shipped from GG&G to my address.  Centurion was told by GG&G the item was shipped on December 13th.  Since I had not received it as of the 19th I called Centurion and asked for a tracking number.  They made numerous requests to GG&G for a tracking number but were never called back.

Frustrated, I ended up calling GG&G myself to inquire and was told they have the mount in stock and could ship it today!!!  Needless to say I cancelled that order after wasting over a week of my time.

I really can't say what the quality of their product is like, but if the way they manage their business and treat their customers and distributors is any indication, I would certainly caution anyone about doing business with GG&G.

As far as Centurion I have to give them KUDOs as they are trying to get me an ARMS mount instead and will overnight it for free to make up for this delay.  I was told by Centurion that they are very frustrated in dealing with GG&G and I can certainly understand why.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#1]
You can't go wrong with ARMS products.  You'll be happy with them.  Too bad about your experience with the other company.

I'm sure there are tons of other users on this site that can confirm ARMS's products and service.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Update.
Centurion Tactical does have an ARMS in stock and is sending it overnight to me at no charge.

NOW THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
www.centuriontactical.com
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I waited almost three months for my Accucam.  Phenomenal product but trying to get it was a nightmare.  In GG&G's defense; from what I understand the majority of their stuff is going to the military.  They don’t have a strong sense of urgency to cater to joe civilian.  After getting my mount, I can say it was worth the wait.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#4]
So you are posting this to get back at them?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I waited almost three months for my Accucam.  Phenomenal product but trying to get it was a nightmare.  In GG&G's defense; from what I understand the majority of their stuff is going to the military.  They don’t have a strong sense of urgency to cater to joe civilian.  After getting my mount, I can say it was worth the wait.

This is really hard to believe.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This is really hard to believe.

I agree, but this board is getting used more and more by people who are just trying to teach a company a lesson because they don't like the way things went for them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Centurion Tactical does have an ARMS in stock and is sending it overnight to me at no charge.

I'd ask them to send me a LaRue mount instead.

I've had both an ARMS and LaRue ACOG mounts and the LaRue is superior.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Consumer Alert!!  
How do you know it was GG&G's fault and not Centurion's ?
Centurion didn't have it in stock, GG&G did - why did that piss you off ?
Then you refused to get it from GG&G - why ?
Now you say we should  'be cautious' in dealing with them because they said they had what you wanted and would ship it that day?

You did the right thing by tracking down your order.
You did the wrong thing coming here to smear them becasuse they pissed you off - You only have one side of the story.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just wanted to let everyone know about my experience in dealing with this company.

Last week I ordered the GG&G ACOG mount through Centurion Tactical Systems.  Centurion didn't have the item in stock and ordered it drop shipped from GG&G to my address.  Centurion was told by GG&G the item was shipped on December 13th.  Since I had not received it as of the 19th I called Centurion and asked for a tracking number.  They made numerous requests to GG&G for a tracking number but were never called back.

Frustrated, I ended up calling GG&G myself to inquire and was told they have the mount in stock and could ship it today!!!  Needless to say I cancelled that order after wasting over a week of my time.

I really can't say what the quality of their product is like, but if the way they manage their business and treat their customers and distributors is any indication, I would certainly caution anyone about doing business with GG&G.

As far as Centurion I have to give them KUDOs as they are trying to get me an ARMS mount instead and will overnight it for free to make up for this delay.  I was told by Centurion that they are very frustrated in dealing with GG&G and I can certainly understand why.

in my opinion their quality is top notch.  sorry to hear of your experience.  

it sounds like you should question Centurion Arms and NOT GG&G.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone at CA got their wires crossed and forgot to place an order hence no tracking number.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#11]
[quote]Quoted:
Did you ever think to ask GG&G whether they ever received an order from Centurian to have the mount drop shipped to you, or are you taking Centurian's word that they placed the order?

+1

It seems that your criticism of GG&G is second hand. You state that you are letting everyone know about your experience with GG&G yet it appears that you have no experience with dealing with them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Why didn't you order from GG&G in the first place  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I have ordered numerous items from GG&G in Tucson, and have had nothing but good experiences. Their products are rock solid, and they have sent me everything I have ordered on time. As mentioned above, maybe the problem was with CT coordinating with GG&G.

Take one variable out of the equation, and more is less likely to go wrong. Order direct from GG&G.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#14]
FWIW, a lot of GG&G's products are coming to the military.

That aside, GG&G is an awesome company and are in a class all their own (alright Larue and ARMS are in there too ) on parts quality.  I run their BUIS's on my M4 for work w/ a Trijicon TA01NSN.  It's what my armorer gave me, but it's what I needed too.

Sorry to hear about the bad experience.  I would say, it sounds a little fishy that one person didn't have it, and the manufacturer did.  Does that mean they should stock everything?  No.  That's a little unrealistic for smaller companies.  However, if the manufacturer does have it in stock, drop shipping should take no less time than going through a distributor so long as that distributor receives the order.  I don't know if it's because I have dealt with the folks at GG&G a lot before my government sponsored vacation, or what I believe it's just because they provide great service, but they are a great company.

I'd say don't rule them out in the future and it couldn't hurt to ask GG&G if your distributor sent the order to them.  Some distributors are quick to blame the manufacturer for lack of shipment if they advertise a price for a part (i.e. dealer/distributor discount + some mark-up) and then can't get the dealer/distributor price to apply any mark-up.  

One bad experience doesn't warrant posting it on a public board.  It's kind of small and is really unfair to GG&G.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I broke a GG&G aluminum scope ring mounting screw by tightening it too much.

Replaced no charge by GG&G even when I admitted it was my fault.  

So STFU! They are a great company.

edited to add

October 2005 newb
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#16]
GG+G made a mistake on my first order i placed with them.They fixed it ,i got my stuff .
I didnt post about it until now.Since then i got there A2 BUIS NICE!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#17]
after making several calls about my $400+- order and receiving several of GG&G's answers over a period of 2 months..."all items are in stock except item 'c' and it will be available in 30 days and your entire order will ship"...interestingly, they kept changing which item was unavailable when i called back and it became obvious GG&G's order control was extremely poor...the only solution to avoid an open ended unfullfilled order was to write them and provide a drop dead shipping date for all items that were in stock at the time and canceling anything that could not be shipped by the drop dead date...end result: 75% of the order was shipped that month and fit, finish and function was excellent...2 months later a duplicate shipment of the original order was made and finally returned a week later when GG&G's shipper picked it up...lesson learned: it is not worth 5 1/2 months ordering directly from GG&G

p.s. i hope GG&G has improved their method of controlling orders
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If it is not a:

TA01NSN
TA31
TA31RCO
KAC RAS
KAC RIS
KAC VFG
Aimpoint M2 and mount
KAC 300M
Matech BUIS

It is not USGI and it is not going to the military in any sizable quantity.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered two items from them and had problems with both items.  Will never use them agaian!!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered my 552 through GGG with the accucam installed and have no gripes. It was even adjusted properly to attach straight away. Excellent return to zero.

For the record, the Army also bought a good deal of EOTech 552s. I hope no one is buying a MATEC BUIS for their own weapon because they aren't that nice.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it is not a:

TA01NSN
TA31
TA31RCO
KAC RAS
KAC RIS
KAC VFG
Aimpoint M2 and mount
KAC 300M
Matech BUIS

Eotech seems to be making a much larger dent, both through military channels and direct unit purchase.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it is not a:

TA01NSN
TA31
TA31RCO
KAC RAS
KAC RIS
KAC VFG
Aimpoint M2 and mount
KAC 300M
Matech BUIS

While probably factually correct, can you imagine what a 1000 unit order might do to the production lines of a smaller company?  Or even three 250 unit orders?

I would assume many of the smaller companies who are getting direct procurements from the US Gov't are getting hammered.

Though that is purely speculation based on some facts in my business area of the gov't contracting world.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a GG&G offset tactical light mount that I stripped the screws on, sent it back to them without a reciept and without the rails and they sent me a brand new unit with both rails and extra screws.....no charge and took less than a week. Will buy from them again.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I have ordered numerous items from GG&G in Tucson, and have had nothing but good experiences. Their products are rock solid, and they have sent me everything I have ordered on time. As mentioned above, maybe the problem was with CT coordinating with GG&G.

Take one variable out of the equation, and more is less likely to go wrong. Order direct from GG&G.

+1
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
www.centuriontactical.com

Good website
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#27]
All that I am going to say is this:

I spoke with a VERY reputable dealer that is a contributor to this site yesterday (trying to order a couple of sling mounts) and he told me that GG&G IS VERY UNRELIABLE on stocking/ordering.  This is second hand info, but FWIW I do trust this dealer.  And no, I won't say who it was...he will chime in if he thinks it's necessary.

Brian
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it is not a:

TA01NSN
TA31
TA31RCO
KAC RAS
KAC RIS
KAC VFG
Aimpoint M2 and mount
KAC 300M
Matech BUIS

Well hell, I just take it off my rifle then and won't tell the armourer.  If he asks where my sights went, I'll say, that this guy on the internet thinks he knows every place and every item that military units buy (including command sponsored purchases at the batallion and company levels).  Oh wait...I signed a damn hand receipt for it and can't clear the ROK before he sees it on the rifle first.  Damn it...I hate stuff being actually on paper.  FYI not everything has to have a NSN for a unit to buy it.

Camp Humphreys, ROK
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:53:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I've purchased a tripod from GG&G direct, and had no problems whatsoever. Arrived quicker than I expected as well.

I've also purchased a Laser Devices BLAST2 for my FN FiveSeven USG from CenturionTactical, and it arrived quickly with no issues.

- rem
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:32:08 AM EDT
[#31]
+1 for GG&G.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:58:41 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it is not a:

TA01NSN
TA31
TA31RCO
KAC RAS
KAC RIS
KAC VFG
Aimpoint M2 and mount
KAC 300M
Matech BUIS

Well hell, I just take it off my rifle then and won't tell the armourer.  If he asks where my sights went, I'll say, that this guy on the internet thinks he knows every place and every item that military units buy (including command sponsored purchases at the batallion and company levels).  Oh wait...I signed a damn hand receipt for it and can't clear the ROK before he sees it on the rifle first.  Damn it...I hate stuff being actually on paper.  FYI not everything has to have a NSN for a unit to buy it.

Camp Humphreys, ROK

I never said GG&G stuff is not used.  It just isn't used at the same level as the ones I listed.  It is two seperate situations.

When people say:  "They don't have any because the military is using them" this is just someone who is making up an excuse for why they can't get an item or they are trying to imply they are USGI to make a sale.

I am not an internet commando, either.

Nice try but you still haven't proven me wrong.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I never said GG&G stuff is not used.  It just isn't used at the same level as the ones I listed.  It is two seperate situations.

Splitting hairs.

Fact is GG&G doesn't run a production facility the size of Aimpoint, Trijicon or Knight's.

Period.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Centurion is a good company to deal from.

GG&G is a great company to deal from as well, I bought one of their mounts through www.adcofirearms.com and recieved it 4 days after I ordered it. The mount is very solid, and bigbore was extremely helpful in getting me information on it when my email shitted itself.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top