Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 6:54:16 AM EDT
I'm expecting my first AR to arrive next week.  Since this is my first AR, I'm sure that there are quite a few things that I will need that I don't yet know that I need.  I'm also sure that there a quite a few things that I think I need that I really don't.

So, if I were to drop some hints to some folks who might be inclined to buy me Christmas presents, besides ammo and extra magazines, what hints would those be?

www.talonarms.com/talonarms/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=119&products_id=170

I'm buyind and configuring this as a bugout/shtf, KISS unit, but it will most likely only ever be used for plinking.    Lights, optics, and other relatively pricey things will have to wait, but I will want to get some of the basic/general stuff right away

Is there a prefered cleaning kit, soft case, hard case, sling, lula, cheekpiece.
What do you think I need that I haven't even thought about yet?
What looks good in the catalogs, but is crap in the field.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:32:34 AM EDT
[#1]
What are you going to use your AR for?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#2]
LULA

Otis Cleaning Kit

Sling?  Stick with a USGI carry strap until you've had a chance to try a few others out.

If this rifle is for duty/personal defense then you'll need a light & some kind of mount.  Either a Surefire G2 or Innova T3 are good for starters.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#3]
For a soft case (40") take a look at this.

Elite Tactical

I got one recently and it is a heck of a value.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Oslo, that looks like an excellent deal.  I can't tell from the photos - are the exterior pouches held on by velcro only or do they also snap or strap on?

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oslo, that looks like an excellent deal.  I can't tell from the photos - are the exterior pouches held on by velcro only or do they also snap or strap on?

No velcro, the pouches strap on; the straps have snaps. This thing is heavy duty all the way. Besides the removable pouches there is a large zippered side compartment.  

I have several soft cases, including some high end (costly) brands and this is the best deal I have seen.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#7]
We offer package pricing for complete setups...email [email protected] for details. Warning: Robert is a crack dealer and will get you hooked.

Yeah, watch those guys at Talon Arms!!!!!!  Your money will just magically disappear...

Seriously, Talon Arms Rocks!!

It isn't their fault I hooked myslef!!!

Doc
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top