Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/15/2005 6:54:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/15/2005 8:34:51 AM EDT by WyattWright]
I'm expecting my first AR to arrive next week. Since this is my first AR, I'm sure that there are quite a few things that I will need that I don't yet know that I need. I'm also sure that there a quite a few things that I think I need that I really don't.

So, if I were to drop some hints to some folks who might be inclined to buy me Christmas presents, besides ammo and extra magazines, what hints would those be?

www.talonarms.com/talonarms/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=119&products_id=170

I'm buyind and configuring this as a bugout/shtf, KISS unit, but it will most likely only ever be used for plinking. Lights, optics, and other relatively pricey things will have to wait, but I will want to get some of the basic/general stuff right away

Is there a prefered cleaning kit, soft case, hard case, sling, lula, cheekpiece.
What do you think I need that I haven't even thought about yet?
What looks good in the catalogs, but is crap in the field.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:32:34 AM EDT
What are you going to use your AR for?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:38:07 AM EDT
LULA

Otis Cleaning Kit

Sling? Stick with a USGI carry strap until you've had a chance to try a few others out.

If this rifle is for duty/personal defense then you'll need a light & some kind of mount. Either a Surefire G2 or Innova T3 are good for starters.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:46:27 AM EDT
For a soft case (40") take a look at this.

Elite Tactical

I got one recently and it is a heck of a value.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:19:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:47:48 AM EDT
Oslo, that looks like an excellent deal. I can't tell from the photos - are the exterior pouches held on by velcro only or do they also snap or strap on?

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:45:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WyattWright:
Oslo, that looks like an excellent deal. I can't tell from the photos - are the exterior pouches held on by velcro only or do they also snap or strap on?

No velcro, the pouches strap on; the straps have snaps. This thing is heavy duty all the way. Besides the removable pouches there is a large zippered side compartment.

I have several soft cases, including some high end (costly) brands and this is the best deal I have seen.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:09:08 AM EDT
We offer package pricing for complete setups...email robert@talonarms.com for details. Warning: Robert is a crack dealer and will get you hooked.

Yeah, watch those guys at Talon Arms!!!!!! Your money will just magically disappear...

Seriously, Talon Arms Rocks!!

It isn't their fault I hooked myslef!!!

Doc
Top Top