Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The best??? That would be the Tango Down!

C4

www.GRTactical.com

www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/TD/bipod.JPG

www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/TD/bipod1.JPG

Are these out yet?

Not yet, but soon.

C4

Do they have rubber or metal 'feet' ????

Neither.

C4

I know my question limited your answers, but do you think you could have elaborated a bit???
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was told by GG&G the heavy duty bipods are beefed up for much larger caliber weapons than the AR, and to skip the heavy duty if thats what I was going to put it on. we've got 3 GG&G bipods now, all the standard ones, and they are perfectly sufficient.

Thanks. That's what I needed to know.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was told by GG&G the heavy duty bipods are beefed up for much larger caliber weapons than the AR, and to skip the heavy duty if thats what I was going to put it on. we've got 3 GG&G bipods now, all the standard ones, and they are perfectly sufficient.

That includes an AR10. I ditched my Harris after a MR class and the external springs got tangled in the middle of an quick egress in heavy foliaged AO. The standard GG&G with swivel has replaced it. The TD I have not tried. The GripPod has to be too far aft for me [/bold] to functional as a useable VFG, which makes it unusable as bipod.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
C4
www.GRTactical.com

Are these out yet?

Not yet, but soon.

C4

Do they have rubber or metal 'feet' ????

Neither.

C4

I know my question limited your answers, but do you think you could have elaborated a bit???

LOL, was just screwing with ya. Am a bit sadistic at times.

The feet are made out of the same material as the rest of the bipod (super secret commando Polymer).
C4

Grant, can you give us a real comparison of the TD v/s GG& G v/s Harris. And what makes the TD better. I have experience with the GG&G and Harris as posted, but not the TD. On a SPR or RECCE, I don't see what makes it better, please enlighten me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cant believe someone used the words "perfectly sufficient" to describe something they attach to their AR!  I thought I was the only one happy with "good enough"

What I like about the 6-9" Harris, is I have never used it past the first notch up, regardless of the rifle used.  The TD looks like it will be too high in its lowest setting for my use.

bigbore, I agree. And not just for bench shooting, it seems too much is exposed. Hence my question to Grant.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Grant, can you give us a real comparison of the TD v/s GG& G v/s Harris. And what makes the TD better. I have experience with the GG&G and Harris as posted, but not the TD. On a SPR or RECCE, I don't see what makes it better, please enlighten me.

I have not logged the shooting time with the TD as say Tim L. (maybe he will chime in). From my initial impressions, it feel much more solid to me. There is a WHOLE LOT more going on with the Harris (knobs, springs, etc) holding it together. The beauty of the TD is that it is actually simpler looking, but does more.

I have never used the GG&G so I cannot comment on it.

C4

Does the TD bipod interfere with a LaRue Battlelight?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have not logged the shooting time with the TD as say Tim L. (maybe he will chime in). From my initial impressions, it feel much more solid to me. There is a WHOLE LOT more going on with the Harris (knobs, springs, etc) holding it together. The beauty of the TD is that it is actually simpler looking, but does more.

C4

Does the TD bipod interfere with a LaRue Battlelight?

There are some variables there (rail length, were the light and bipod are mounted, etc). Give me your setup and I will reproduce it to check.

C4

Its just a standard 7.0 rail.  Heres a pic.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:23:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
DACE, Just tried and it and they won't work together.

C4

Thanks grant.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#15]
tag
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#16]
tag
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I've had the "Rock SOPMOD Bipod" for about a year now on my AR-15 and have been extremely happy with it. It's made by Rock Creek, and is the same caliber quality wise as Mike's barrels. It clamps on solid to the lower 1913/picatinny rail on the forearm.  I've milled some rail mounts so I can use it on my Remington 700 and my 10/22. I can't ask for anything more. Check It Out

Hellcat
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

C4

Hopefully, Tim L. will post here just to clear the air. If not, maybe on 10-8.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#19]
tag
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

C4

www.GRTactical.com

If the TD would fold forward, I'd buy one.  Rear folding bipods get in the way...  Can they be mounted "backwards"?  I have a TDi (Israeli) bipod that will attach either way...

TS
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:38:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I have the TDI too.  I like it, and it seems that TD based (thats right, I said it! ) theirs off of it, but I'm probably gonna buy the TD to replace it.  The TDI is solid, stable, VERY welll thought out, BUT the legs do not fold quite as neatly as the TD appears to.  they sit more along the underside, instead of neatly nesteled in teh corners, you know what I mean?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:05:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:54:55 AM EDT
[#23]
tagpod
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I have one of the first Tango Down Bipods for public consumption on the way. It actually shipped yesterday. I should have it in a couple of more days. I'll post a good review for all the guys on the fence and the haters and lovers of this newest entry into the bipod market.

I, for one, am genuinely excited just like when any new gizmo comes out that is well engineered to suit what I wish my needs were.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I have one of the first Tango Down Bipods for public consumption on the way. It actually shipped yesterday. I should have it in a couple of more days. I'll post a good review for all the guys on the fence and the haters and lovers of this newest entry into the bipod market.

I, for one, am genuinely excited just like when any new gizmo comes out that is well engineered to suit what I wish my needs were.

Looking forward to see the review...

TS
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looking forward to see the review...

TS

Me too. lol.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I have been field testing the TangoDown bi-pod extensively in the past few month, the result are very impressive...

one thing... Tangodown ACB don't bounce, especially on hard surface.  I can fire rapid string at steel targets out to 100 yds and hit it everytime.

the locking mech is solid, you don't have to mount your bi-pod forward like a harris and worry about hte legs snaping.  the legs on the TangoDown ACB lock in solid and recess in between the rails.

The bi-pod should be nearing release.. they are cranking out the first batch as we speak...

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I have been field testing the TangoDown bi-pod extensively in the past few month, the result are very impressive...

one thing... Tangodown ACB don't bounce, especially on hard surface.  I can fire rapid string at steel targets out to 100 yds and hit it everytime.

the locking mech is solid, you don't have to mount your bi-pod forward like a harris and worry about hte legs snaping.  the legs on the TangoDown ACB lock in solid and recess in between the rails.

photos.imageevent.com/smglee/cltactical/large/Picture%20083.jpg

photos.imageevent.com/smglee/cltactical/large/Picture%20077.jpg

The bi-pod should be nearing release.. they are cranking out the first batch as we speak...

SMGLee,

Are there plans for a swivel version? You are shooting on (at least in the pics) level terrain, how well does it work on unlevel terrain? I currently use the GG&G swivel bipods on my precision RECCEs (replacing Harris after lessons learned the hard way) . The GG&G I use are good to go so far. IMHO. But if there are alternates, I will like to give them a try.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a GG&G Tactical Bipod w/ Swivel and I absolutely love it with my 16" M4-style AR's. I've compared it to a Harris and I was very thankful I went with GG&G instead.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:11:02 PM EDT
[#30]
IMHO Harris is hands down the best bipod out there.

This is a crappy and somewhat old picture, but the bipod is mounted directly to the handguards.

It's a Bushmaster with V-match aluminum handguards. I had the handguards drilled and threaded to take a Bushmaster bipod stud. The harris bipod attached directly the the stud. If you don't want the bipod on, just take it off. The stud remains, and if you want you can use it to attach a slong swivel. Works for me.

Personally I didn't want a bunch of extra crap just to be able to mount the bipod. This works just fine.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#31]
tag for research.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm using this setup
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top