BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:09:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I swear by anyform of ear protection,  First time i shot an AR i didnt use anything,  Had a ringing in my ear for a Week, so i headed to my family doc and he examined my left ear and said i had a pinhole in my left eardrum.  Man that shit sucked, and everyone askin my i was wearin an earplug in school also sucked, tryin to tell them everything they said sounded like they were screaming.  Seriously, even if its just some rolled up napkin, use something, its not worth it.  

went to a concert a few months after that, im standin next to a 4 ft tall speaker, and my ear just starts ringing.  So i go outside and i realize the ringing just wont go away.  Turns out the pinhole opened back up.  Screwed for another month.  NOT FUN
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:57:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I get these from work:

From Aearo:

Grande.  Rated at 33Db:

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:43:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Foams, and the electronic ear muffs from Harbor Freight for pistols. These are a great deal....cost is $20 . (The very same muffs are sold at Cabela's for $40)
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:47:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Here’s the REAL reason I bought electronic hearing protection about 3 years ago.

I’ve reloaded a ton of rounds in my day, but this is the first time I’ve ever done this.

I was wearing Silencio ear muffs, and shooting my .45 reloads.  I pulled the trigger, the hammer fell, and no recoil.

I waited a few seconds, pulled back the hammer and fired again.  Guess I did this 2 or 3 times - no primer detonation - or so I thought.

What happened was I failed to load powder in that one specific shell.  The primer DID IN FACT detonate, but I couldn’t hear as it as the ear muffs prevented that.  That’s why I thought I had a hang fire/misfire.

The bullet did not fully exit the case, and was one royal PITA to get that round out of the weapon.

I bought electronic hearing protection because I need to hear what’s going on with my weapon.

I keep that round sitting right here.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:00:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Pelto Comtac's  org version, not the comtac II model.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top