AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wonder how much that .civ clone will be.

If it's less than $2K, I'm all over it.

When it does come out, I suspect the value of any Robarm XCR will plummet faster than a basejumper with a tangled chute.

9 page Tacked thread in Rifles, Uppers, Lowers, and Barrels section

SFW?  I'm not going to waste my time reading nine pages of anything here just to see if an opinion like mine has already been posted.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I could have them all!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When it does come out, I suspect the value of any Robarm XCR will plummet faster than a basejumper with a tangled chute.

SFW?  I'm not going to waste my time reading nine pages of anything here just to see if an opinion like mine has already been posted.

Slow down there killer. I think he was trying to point you in the direction of a topic that has already discussed the pricing and the SCAR/ARM in general more thoroughly.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Slow down there killer. I think he was trying to point you in the direction of a topic that has already discussed the pricing and the SCAR/ARM in general more thoroughly.

Sorry.  A more direct approach would not have left room for misunderstanding, though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So, Is the over rated "G36" I mean XM8 dead? What's the programs status? What was the result of the SCAR tests, Was the FN chosen? The Robinson entry looked great, too bad it wasn't given a chance.  The military should just get it's head out of it's ass and take the M468 Barrett!  Thanks.

Another thread soliciting baseless speculation.

Just what we need.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Something is brewing. Clearly there is a push for a new standard weapons across the board. M249, M16 and M9 are living out there last days. Give it another 5 years and odds are we will be looking at all new toys for enlisted men

As to what those toys will be, and who will make them is anyone's guess. I'm most looking forward to the return of the .45ACP. Solicitation for JCP seems rock solid and the contenders are starting to pop up.

SIG and HK are obviously coming out to play. No 1911 will be eligable due to the specs. I take no credit for these pics, they arent mine. The bottom image is Va-Dingers

I'm sure the same players will be adding their wares to the assault rifle solicitation as well. Our next rifle/carbine will be made by FN, SIG or HK for sure. Colt is a lost cause. Their SOCOM pistol entry was horrid and was stomped to death by HK, and the M5 is DOA

Quoted:
What I'm REALLY looking forward to is the SIG550.

Dont tease! You know something? I swear this rumor really has some steam behind it. I'm starting to become a believer

Please let it be true
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dont tease! You know something? I swear this rumor really has some steam behind it. I'm starting to become a believer

Please let it be true

New Sig 550 will be shown at SHOT 06
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please let it be true

I've heard that too, but I'm waiting for verification from SIGARMS before I blow my wad...I mean the wad in my wallet

DROOOOOL!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm glad HK lost the contract since they have little consideration for the civilian market. Good for FN on the contract and I hope the P90 beats whatever that piece of crap is HK has for competition. Seems like HK is wasting alot of money these day.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:04:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:21:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm glad HK lost the contract since they have little consideration for the civilian market. Good for FN on the contract and I hope the P90 beats whatever that piece of crap is HK has for competition. Seems like HK is wasting alot of money these day.

The HK MP7 PDW is the competitor to the P90. Hornady is making the 4.6x30 ammo but fat chance seeing a  civilian version of the MP7 anytime soon or anything remotely resembling the MP7. Remember the SL8 and USC? Only after a SBR, barrel threading, plastic dye, and new furniture did they look similar to the real life counterparts. The HK MP7 also uses a gas system and rotating bolt (similar or same to the G36). That's overly complicated for a 40/45 rd PDW/sub-gun. The FN P90 may be slightly bulkier and heavier, but it is so damn basic, that it probably is in the same category as the Glock in terms of simplicity. It is a delay blowback gun that fires from a closed breech. There's no gas system or rotating bolt. It has a very large breech block/bolt.

The FN PS90 does have a longer barrel (SBR not legal in all states) but at least the plastic receiver and the bulk of the parts are the same as the P90 and even take P90 mags. It's essentially a true semi-auto civilian copy of the P90. Kudos to FNH for doing this!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Something is brewing. Clearly there is a push for a new standard weapons across the board. M249, M16 and M9 are living out there last days. Give it another 5 years and odds are we will be looking at all new toys for enlisted men

As to what those toys will be, and who will make them is anyone's guess. I'm most looking forward to the return of the .45ACP. Solicitation for JCP seems rock solid and the contenders are starting to pop up.

SIG and HK are obviously coming out to play. No 1911 will be eligable due to the specs. I take no credit for these pics, they arent mine. The bottom image is Va-Dingers

www.fototime.com/0F2F696E8241082/standard.jpg
www.fototime.com/3AC30263F10729C/standard.jpg
www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/postimages/12361-HK45plain.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/HK45.jpg

I'm sure the same players will be adding their wares to the assault rifle solicitation as well. Our next rifle/carbine will be made by FN, SIG or HK for sure. Colt is a lost cause. Their SOCOM pistol entry was horrid and was stomped to death by HK, and the M5 is DOA

Quoted:

Please let it be true

i hear from a fairly reliable source (ie brother in law who's a navy fire arms instructor) that the navy is going to go to a 45 caliber sig sauer. of course i don't know where his info is coming from so it could be a be pile of crap. but why not add to the rumor mill
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:41:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please let it be true

I've heard that too, but I'm waiting for verification from SIGARMS before I blow my wad...I mean the wad in my wallet

DROOOOOL!!!

Got that from Sig USA a month or so ago... I was supposed to be there but my uncle came up with something else for me to do *again* -- so I miss out on another SHOT show!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's why I provided this quote below the link in my fist response.

The SCAR makes use of the most modern manufacturing techniques, keeping its cost on a par with the M4A1, despite its dramatic improvements in just about every way.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please let it be true

DROOOOOL!!!

Got that from Sig USA a month or so ago... I was supposed to be there but my uncle came up with something else for me to do *again* -- so I miss out on another SHOT show!

Just called SIG and spoke with Victoria.

Me: Do you have any information on the SG550 or 552 for civilian sale.

Victoria: Yes, they are working on it. I dont know if it will be this year or next year, but they are working on it.

Me: Are you certain?

Victoria: Yes, but the release date isnt final yet.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please let it be true

DROOOOOL!!!

Victoria: Yes, they are working on it. I dont know if it will be this year or next year, but they are working on it.

!!!! And I heard from another thread that some guy talked to a guy from SIG and the guy said that the 550's were gonna be under $1000 and that it's going to be out this year. That price beats the crap out of both the PS90 and F2000. I can't wait. I just hope they come out with SIG551 and 552 models for civilians too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#17]
No offense intended at all.... but.... Sigarms has been working on a civilian model for years  

I have great hopes that SHOT will gives us some bearing on the situation, but I would not get my hopes up if I were you.

I too have called Sigarms... they are very polite people,but the person on the phone really doesn't know all the details. They have no idea that Swissarms is the factor that has prevented its manufacture here in the states.

Anyway... let's just hope for the best  

ETA :  Under 1000 bucks    

"If" they make one domestically.... it will not be under 1G, you can bet on that !

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

That certainly seems to be the plan: the intended replacement of the rifles and MGs has been put on hold in order to assess the lessons of Iraq and Afghanistan, so presumably something will emerge this year. Let's hope that the evaluation includes calibres other than 5.56x45.

I'm most looking forward to the return of the .45ACP. Solicitation for JCP seems rock solid and the contenders are starting to pop up.

This puzzles me: NATO established a requirement for a replacement for the 9x19 because it was unable to penetrate body armour. The result was the intense battle between the 5.7x28 FN and the 4.6x30 HK. So the US decides to go back to a .45 round which has even less penetration than the 9x19, when the BGs in Iraq are already beginning to wear body armour? It seems very short-sighted to me.

Tony Williams: Military gun and ammunition website and discussion forum
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That certainly seems to be the plan: the intended replacement of the rifles and MGs has been put on hold in order to assess the lessons of Iraq and Afghanistan, so presumably something will emerge this year. Let's hope that the evaluation includes calibres other than 5.56x45.

I'm most looking forward to the return of the .45ACP. Solicitation for JCP seems rock solid and the contenders are starting to pop up.

This puzzles me: NATO established a requirement for a replacement for the 9x19 because it was unable to penetrate body armour. The result was the intense battle between the 5.7x28 FN and the 4.6x30 HK. So the US decides to go back to a .45 round which has even less penetration than the 9x19, when the BGs in Iraq are already beginning to wear body armour? It seems very short-sighted to me.

I dont mean to be crass or come across as crude but the military is going back to the 45acp for one reason: It's fucks bad guys up better than any other pistol caliber out there, plain and simple. It makes perfect sense. Nothing will lay down hurt, or puts people out of their misery like a 230gr ball rounds, especially sense we are regulated to ball rounds according to the rules of war
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont mean to be crass or come across as crude but the military is going back to the 45acp for one reason: It's fucks bad guys up better than any other pistol caliber out there, plain and simple. It makes perfect sense. Nothing will lay down hurt, or puts people out of their misery like a 230gr ball rounds, especially sense we are regulated to ball rounds according to the rules of war

Ever shot a 10mm  

Now it makes more sense to me than going back to .45 FWIW  

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please let it be true

DROOOOOL!!!

Sorry... I am not sure about the release of the civilian sales model, but I am told that it is forthcoming.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn, that just makes it harder and harder to decide...............FN ARM or SIG 55X series............which to buy..........

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please let it be true

DROOOOOL!!!

Sorry... I am not sure about the release of the civilian sales model, but I am told that it is forthcoming.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice as the 550 series is, I couldn't really justify getting one unless I had enough money to buy guns for fun.  (if that was the case, sure I'd get one)  It just isn't functional enough for me, when it comes to the ability to add stuff onto it.  It doesn't seem like it could replace my carbine, and I have no need or want to replace my 20" A2.  

The SCAR rifles, though, that's another matter.  Seems like a pretty clear step up from what I have now.  I wouldn't have too many reservations dropping a chunk of change on one.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

No argument with that, as long as the BGs promise not to wear any body armour

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does anyone want to guess on how much the ARMY spent on testing the XM8????

C4

OO OO!!  PICK ME!  PICK ME!

Dr. Evil "One millllllllion dollars"

Add 28 Mil. to that number and you go it!

C4

For a POS G36 made to look more like a Flounder.....out-fucking-standing.

Think of all the great airsoft replicas that are out there now!

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hey, my XBOX 360 works just fine!

I like the SCAR, and I still love the AR-15/M16 platform.  I just want both in 6.8.

pssh.... I just want a Sig 552 in 6.8

Back to the origional topic htough... I'd heard XM8 was dead but I never heard anything about what the next option was...

Personally I'm not a fan of the idea of the US military picking a non american made weapon.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top