BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#1]
If FN is so overtaken in catering to the US civie market, why haven't they released an FN AR?
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If FN is so overtaken in catering to the US civie market, why haven't they released an FN AR?

Because our wonderful representatives in Congress won't let them.  It's in their contract with Uncle Sugar.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They they are forbidden to sell weapons on the civilian market per their DoD contract terms.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#4]
FN is releasing the FS2000 first Qtr.06 according to Impact Guns. I have one on order and this is what there website says.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
FN is releasing the FS2000 first Qtr.06 according to Impact Guns. I have one on order and this is what there website says.

That is a scary statement. I would not rely on anything Impact says.

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I know you are going to fight us tooth and nail no matter what we say but ImpactGuns has a less than stellar reputation.  They are usually the first to steal any and all pictures of everything that is "cool" and offer to sell them without being in stock.  They sell everything KAC makes, but stock barely any of it.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Several H&K 416 uppers were sold on www.AR15.com in the last few months.  They were never meant to be sold directly to the civilian market either, but they were, 100% legally too I might add.  The closest part of the sale to being illegal was the raping of the purchasers at around $2k each upper I think...

Think about your statement again.

A rifle upper so rare that only a few, less then 100, were sold in the United States and will probably never be sold again.  A rifle upper that everyone raves over and wants.  Yet there are less then 100 in the US and none will ever be brought in again.

There are less then 100 in the US

None will ever be brought in again.

$2,000 is a steal for the appreciation these uppers will probably have.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:And just for the record, neither FN nor Steyr has released anything yet so they are currently no better than HK.

I love HK. However, the SCAR has gotten further in six months than the XM8 had gotten in it's whole limited life line.

I don't know about Steyr as there is no proof of their intentions. However, wait until the SHOT show until you pass judgement on FN.

HK was leading edge at one point. That ime is gone IMO.

HK's future with the U.S. Military is not the XM8. It is the HK45 pistol, HK416, and the HK417. I think they have finally figured this out. Every one of them is a cutting edge design and a good fit for the U.S. Military.

I meant on the civlian market. It's all controversey though as they were screwed out of our civlian market, but HKD has stated no civie sales. The HK45 is another story that I look very forward to myself.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:And just for the record, neither FN nor Steyr has released anything yet so they are currently no better than HK.

I love HK. However, the SCAR has gotten further in six months than the XM8 had gotten in it's whole limited life line.

I don't know about Steyr as there is no proof of their intentions. However, wait until the SHOT show until you pass judgement on FN.

HK was leading edge at one point. That ime is gone IMO.

HK's future with the U.S. Military is not the XM8. It is the HK45 pistol, HK416, and the HK417. I think they have finally figured this out. Every one of them is a cutting edge design and a good fit for the U.S. Military.

I meant on the civlian market. It's all controversey though as they were screwed out of our civlian market, but HKD has stated no civie sales. The HK45 is another story that I look very forward to myself.

Rumor has it they just might be available in 2006.

I think it's way too early to tell, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I've also heard that HK is passing out 417's for military personnel to play with.

I'm already getting anxious to see 2006 SHOT Show pictures. It looks like it will be a very interesting show to say the least.

Link Posted: 11/21/2005 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've also heard that HK is passing out 417's for military personnel to play with.

I'm already getting anxious to see 2006 SHOT Show pictures. It looks like it will be a very interesting show to say the least.

+1

I could not agree with you more.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#12]
A friend of mine send me this picture this morning.

It's from a anti-terrorism expo held in Paris a few weeks ago.

HK416 10.5":

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#13]
What's he consensus on the change of sights for the HK416 from the standard A2 sights to the HK drum rear sights and ghost ring front sights?

I never really played around with them enought o learn if they were better or worse than A2 sights. I've always used A2 sights and they have always seemed to work well IMHO. Is this really an "enhancement"?

One thing that seems to be a downside to the HK sights is it doesn't seem as easy to make them flip-up sights, like the A2's.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:28:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I suspect that if they sell any quantity to the gov't, then uncle Sam will tell them which site setup to use.  HK won't be able to choose anything.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#15]
The only thing appealing about the H&K416 system are their mags and that finish.  I own 1 of their Merritime mags and it's worth it' weight in gold.

I wish I knew the color and type of finish they use becuase it's primo.

Some have told me it's a Powder baked on
Others think it's something similar to DuraCoat
Maybe I'm way off and it's Moly Resin all along!?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#16]
POF-USA all the way...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#17]
All I have to say is they are Jack-Asses!!!
I don't understand why they won't sell to the civilian market, if it is legal to do so.

Maybe they are thinking, if my own (german) people can't have them, then there is no way "stupid fat lazy Americans" can have them either!!!!

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#18]
If their patriotism is that rigid I doubt they would sell to our military... it stands to be a bigger threat the the fact lazy civilians.

Probably some shitbird bureaucrat in D.C. making that caveat in the contract... our own people are always working against us.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I don't understand why they won't sell to the civilian market, if it is legal to do so.

Maybe they are thinking, if my own (german) people can't have them, then there is no way "stupid fat lazy Americans" can have them either!!!!

Its NOT currently legal as they don't have a factory in the U.S.  They likely won't build a factory in the U.S. unless they get a piece of a big government contract that requires them to do so.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its NOT currently legal as they don't have a factory in the U.S.  They likely won't build a factory in the U.S. unless they get a piece of a big government contract that requires them to do so.

Oh, ok.  I didn't know that.

So why is there an HK Bash-fest?  We sould be bashing the Gubermint, right?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:27:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

What in the hell are you talking about?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:37:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What in the hell are you talking about?

The HK416 probably certainly won't meet the "sporting Arms" classification of the the '89 ban and will therefore be restricted from civilian sales by our buddies at the BATFE. Also now with the BATFE recently stating in writing that they are from this point on enforcing a ban on importation of replacement barrels and receivers as an interpretation of the '89 ban on imported military style firearms, even the HK 416 barrelled uppers would be banned for civilian use, only permitted for LE, dealer samples or military use.

They are all made in Germany. Not importable for civilian use. So the fact that HK won't sell it to civvies is a moot point unless HK builds a facility in the USA as FN Herstal has done which allows civilian title I sales of the FN PS90.  

It looks like he may be correct.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They they are forbidden to sell weapons on the civilian market per their DoD contract terms.

To expand on this, they are forbidden from selling in the civilian market with information learned/taken/acquired from the TDP of the M16 under contract.

That's why we don't have any FN AR15's in the gunshops right now. If they lost the contract and handed the TDP over back to the Gubment, they could start making AR's through a reverse engineering process.

FN is selling the PS 90 right now. They are going to be releasing the FS 2000 soon, IIRC. They are possibly going to sell civy versions of the SCAR entries (L and H).

I think they deserve some credit, IMO.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:54:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Before you guys critize the GERMAN, the US GOVERNMENT is doing the VERY SAME thing to the Canadians and the civilians of all other nations!!!  US state dept will no longer approve anything to be exported that US civies cannot buy, even though these particular items are legal for the civilians of other nations to own.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top