Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn it!!

Double- tap
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1 Stickman is going to win a lot.

Stickman would win a lot if it were an AR15 photo of the month, but most of his rigs are - I think he would admit - pretty ordinary
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Feel free to take poor pictures.  

You can find out the answer to your own question.  

Actually, Im not a "Fantasy photographer" nor do I want to see it rain on your parade again... I just build and shoot guns, not cameras... Have fun
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They all look the same until you hang a bunch of crap off them.  Is the contest going to be about the best "Bling Bling"?  Best scenery?  Photo skills?  Half naked wife/girlfriend holding your AR in dim light taken with your camera phone.  We have a winner.  Tits and ass usually gets the vote around here.  

Exactly. Most AR's, especially around here, start looking the same after a while so it's a matter of presentation. Take to of the same AR's. One is a shitty, fuzzy, picture of an AR on mom's bedspread and another is a nice, crisp, properly liighted photo take on an American flag with ammo spread around the rifle... which one will win the contest? Will it be a tie because it's the same AR? Guess we'll see when this thing gets moving, won't we?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Feel free to take poor pictures.  

You can find out the answer to your own question.  

+1
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They all look the same until you hang a bunch of crap off them.  Is the contest going to be about the best "Bling Bling"?  Best scenery?  Photo skills?  Half naked wife/girlfriend holding your AR in dim light taken with your camera phone.  We have a winner.  Tits and ass usually gets the vote around here.  

Exactly. Most AR's, especially around here, start looking the same after a while so it's a matter of presentation. Take to of the same AR's. One is a shitty, fuzzy, picture of an AR on mom's bedspread and another is a nice, crisp, properly liighted photo take on an American flag with ammo spread around the rifle... which one will win the contest? Will it be a tie because it's the same AR? Guess we'll see when this thing gets moving, won't we?

I would tend to agree. It would be more like a photography contest than a rifle contest.
We already have picture threads.

Might as well hand out the prizes to Stick for the best photography and Kisara for the Hottest babes right now and save the trouble.

Sorry for being a voice of dissent, just being honest.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would tend to agree. It would be more like a photography contest than a rifle contest.

Might as well hand out the prizes to Stick for the best photography and Kisara for the Hottest babes right now and save the trouble.

Im with you there DR...

Kisara aint no lie,  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Well thanks guys. This has gotten quite a bit of support in the wasted hours I spent at work today As for the photo contest thing like I said it will be based more on the weapon than the photo but of course a better photo yeilds a better looking gun. I'm going to give it a try and see how it works this month. If it a success I will continue it. I will post the official nomination thread on Thursday. I have decided to do it in a manner sort of like Boom's contest. Everybody can post once in the thread. You can either post your own weapon or nominate someone elses. Please post a picture (no massive pics please) w/ the owners user nam and specs of the rifle you are nominating if possible. If you like you can go back and change your entry up until the deadline. If you want to second a nomination just give the user name of the rifles owner. No pic or specs required as they will have allready been posted and we want to use as little bandwidth as possible here.  I decided to do it this way because I figure my IM's would fill up mighty quick otherwise and this way you can all see it's on the up and up. As for the rules.
1)No dealers
2)You can only win once in a 3 month period or 3 times a year
3)You can nominate anyones rifle not only your own (unless the owner asks you not to)
4)Once a rifle is nominated to the final four it is forever inelligible even with more mods or reconfiguration
5)Only AR15's are elligible. Semi or full auto but nothing owned by Uncle Sam
6)The nomination period will be open for 4 days (seven is too long. I would have way to much to wade thorugh) and after the 4 days I will close the nominations and tally the top 4 vote getters
7)The voting thread will be started on the 5th and run for another 4 days. It will consist of a poll with the 4 top vote getters from the nomination stage
8)On the 9th I will announce the winner and he or she will carry with them all the pride of owning Ar15.com's finest rifle for the month of September
9)no photoshop

Thank you all for your support
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Know what might happen though?  Some folks with middlin' photog skills may start thinking outside the box and try to win by building something exceptional.  Always nice to be the one who redefines the standard.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Might as well hand out the prizes to Kisara for the Hottest babes right now and save the trouble.

I agree, and his pics don't look like something off the pages of "skanks with guns", which is more than I can say for a few other threads.....
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I will probably post the nomination thread tonight sometime after midnight.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I voted I like PIE, because there is no way I could keep up with half the people on this board when it comes to a gun a month. Maybe a gun a year or so.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Man if I would have known you guys liked pie as much as me I wouldn't have made that an option.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds stimulating.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Here is my entry, though you can't see the pie behind it

www.fototime.com/{22A23391-C4D1-45CE-950F-BF1910F56C4B}/picture.JPEG

LOL. Next time make sure the pie is visible
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Actually, Im not a "Fantasy photographer" nor do I want to see it rain on your parade again... I just build and shoot guns, not cameras... Have fun

You build guns aside from shooting, I'm shocked and had no idea.  Is it hard to learn to do those things?  Do you mean AR15s?  Where did you learn those skills?  Maybe someday I could do it if I stick around here long enough ...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You build guns aside from shooting, I'm shocked and had no idea.  Is it hard to learn to do those things?  Do you mean AR15s?  Where did you learn those skills?  Maybe someday I could do it if I stick around here long enough ...

I mean AR's, 1911's, AK's and Flintlocks... And I sure as hell didn't learn how to do it hear

And since your a no it all, I'm sure you could build too...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I mean AR's, 1911's, AK's and Flintlocks... And I sure as hell didn't learn how to do it hear

Your level of skill is obviously paralleled only by your cunning wit, and spelling abilities.  

I shall bow out gracefully, I have no wish to hijack this thread with your exploits.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your level of skill is obviously paralleled only by your cunning wit, and spelling abilities.  

I shall bow out gracefully, I have no wish to hijack this thread with your exploits.  

What can I say stick... You got me on the typo, damn... You the man stick, you the man!

Hey, and you have a great evening...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Well guys the nomination thread is tacked up top. I don't know if you guys didn't notice or don't care but it's there and there are very few nominations. Lets get it going please.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

What can I say stick... You got me on the typo, damn... You the man stick, you the man!

"Typo" implies one, but you are correct on one thing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I nominated my sons AR this morning........what happen to my post?

Voter fraud!

Never mind, noticed the tack.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#24]
I thought tacking the thread would make it more visible but it seems like nobody is seeing it. Thanks for voting Quib :)
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well their you go again, you just couldn't resist, could ya

Hey, shouldn't you be adjusting your lights and playing with your camera?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#27]
hey why not....

of course I know it will inspire bitching like car sites.. people complaining that it goes to a certain kind of thign... what hte staff likes or whatever... but I still say why not?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
hey why not....

of course I know it will inspire bitching like car sites.. people complaining that it goes to a certain kind of thign... what hte staff likes or whatever... but I still say why not?

This has nothing to do with the staff. The members nominate the rifles and vote on the final winner. The staff has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well their you go again, you just couldn't resist, could ya

Hey, shouldn't you be adjusting your lights and playing with your camera?

You still haven't figured it out yet have you?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#30]
My .02 for the next round.

Have a dealer category. Let them build whatever they want and post it.
Then we members can vote. This way they are not excluded and we get to see some bad ass weapons that we might never get to see otherwise.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#31]
great idea
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#32]
good idea
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#33]
good idea
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#34]
sure, why the hell not?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#35]
okay guys then go make a nomination. The thread is tacked at the top of the page
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top