Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What m16 cost 12,000 dollars. You can get the kit for like 50 bucks more from model1sales then you would for a normal ar15. Uhhhh the reciver is what 400 dollars after the stamp.

13th, they are talking about transferable M16s.
So they can cost $9000 and up
Unless you are a title ii dealer, of course.
Or a gangsta who ignores the law.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#2]
think he is.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Let me continue to add to what Zack is saying..........When we are talking about "practicing", what we are really doing (and correct me if I'm wrong in your case Zack) is building muscle memory.  Muscle memory is what turns this into a shooting technique rather than just a gimmick.  

Here is a video that has been posted before but it demonstrates what I'm talking about.........

Bump fire with mag change

This vid was taken by a friend after a friend of his claimed that bumping could only be done sporadically with limited consistancy.  He wanted me to dump two mags in quick succession.  You can see that I am totally relying on muscle memory.  I'm not thinking about bumping the weapon but rather totally concentrating on aiming it.   This is what we are talking about when we say you have to practice.  Another thing you will notice is that I'm not "pulling the weapon forward" with my foregrip.  In order to bump consistantly (as least for me), I have to pull the trigger not the foregrip.  In other words, I'm actually not doing anything different than "regular" rapid firing except that I guarantee that I will put more rounds in the black than someone dumping a mag by just squeezing the trigger as fast as they can.

rick I still don't see how you're able to do what you do in the vid, by the way you describe it.  Can you give a better "my bumpfiring technique for dummies steps/tips."  I will have a chance to practice all day on this coming labor day and I want to make sure I go with the right steps in mind.

thanks.

-mm
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let me continue to add to what Zack is saying..........When we are talking about "practicing", what we are really doing (and correct me if I'm wrong in your case Zack) is building muscle memory.  Muscle memory is what turns this into a shooting technique rather than just a gimmick.  

Here is a video that has been posted before but it demonstrates what I'm talking about.........

Bump fire with mag change

This vid was taken by a friend after a friend of his claimed that bumping could only be done sporadically with limited consistancy.  He wanted me to dump two mags in quick succession.  You can see that I am totally relying on muscle memory.  I'm not thinking about bumping the weapon but rather totally concentrating on aiming it.   This is what we are talking about when we say you have to practice.  Another thing you will notice is that I'm not "pulling the weapon forward" with my foregrip.  In order to bump consistantly (as least for me), I have to pull the trigger not the foregrip.  In other words, I'm actually not doing anything different than "regular" rapid firing except that I guarantee that I will put more rounds in the black than someone dumping a mag by just squeezing the trigger as fast as they can.

rick I still don't see how you're able to do what you do in the vid, by the way you describe it.  Can you give a better "my bumpfiring technique for dummies steps/tips."  I will have a chance to practice all day on this coming labor day and I want to make sure I go with the right steps in mind.

thanks.

-mm

I'm not sure exactly how his method differs from mine, but I'll give you a tip or two. Check out the videos at LLE www.lifelibertyetc.com. They will give you the basics of hip bump firing. Basically when you shoot a gun normally, you hold the gun still and make the trigger move. When you bump fire, you hold the trigger still and let the gun move. Take the mechanics of what makes the hip bump firing work, and transfer that to your shoulder. Stiff trigger finger, pull slightly forward on your vertical grip. I might suggest starting with 2 fingers in the trigger guard first for more stability. Let the other fingers of your shooting hand hang loose, don't grip the pistol grip at all, save for your trigger finger. Your aiming and control of the gun is done by your forward hand on your vertical grip.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Practice this retarded act with your pee pee first.  This will save ammo!

add to my sig line....done

An instant ARFCOM classic!! I love it
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What m16 cost 12,000 dollars. You can get the kit for like 50 bucks more from model1sales then you would for a normal ar15. Uhhhh the reciver is what 400 dollars after the stamp.

Lots to learn about the National Firearms Act, the 86 MG ban, and the market for transferable M16's. Get busy, before you do something that lands you in federal ass raping prison.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Swingset, you ever think about making more of those things and selling them on the EE?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Swingset, you ever think about making more of those things and selling them on the EE?

Yeah, but I don't want any part of the scrutiny of the 3-letter agency, or anyone else who thinks my idea is enabling full-auto fire (it's not, but still).

I'm happy to share the plans and videos and let everyone enjoy it for free.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Recently tried My first bump fire with My MAK90 & forgot about the difference in recoil from My AR with its AK74 muzzle break. Glad I had a good hold! It backed Me up about 4 steps! I could see My friend (a former Marine) out of the corner of My eye backing-up in fear & to get away from the spray of 30 empties. Got the attention of the numerous "5 shot a year to sight-in the .270 hunter types". This could get expensive!!!
The Ol' Crew Chief
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:06:33 AM EDT
[#10]
One shoot one kill!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top