BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

How many airsofters carry chemlights? How about earplugs?

Give me a minute.........
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Again, one a prime example of "quality" posting on AR15.com.... jesus

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool pic

Here's another Airsofter and a buddy dressed up as an Iraqi. It's amazing the lengths these guys will go to to make a pic look legit

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Aren't those Spring guns pretty loud?

Or is it the electric motor in them that whines really loud.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#6]
These pics were posted along with many more on Militaryphotos.com. I'll get a link. They're real.

That FF tube is what is on a Mark1 Mod 0 SPR....It's a PRI.

Bomber

ETA Link to 10th Special Forces Group photos
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Cool pic

img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/05HemiJeep/Assorted/DSC_0357Medium.jpg

Here's another Airsofter and a buddy dressed up as an Iraqi. It's amazing the lengths these guys will go to to make a pic look legit

img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/05HemiJeep/Assorted/DSC_0396Medium.jpg

Thats down town Albuquerque, New Mexico.   Dont lie.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Great pics, tagged to save later.........
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool pic

Damn, you got me

I took this one in Las Vegas

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Same guys here.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I thought vehicles in Iraq were right hand drive? I don't know if they're real or not though. I hope they are as it would be pretty lame to be doing that kind of stuff at that age. Also, do SF's really carry glow sticks in that manner? The one guy also has shotgun shells in a pouch on his chest, but no shotgun is seen. In that same picture, a guy is wearing a backwards black flag.

I honestly don't know much about SF, but those are just some things I noticed.

Well I myself am sure those are real. They're probbaly fresh in country, give em a few weeks and they'll be as dirty as anyone else.

If you were in the military you would know there are alot of gear that are given that does not necessarily match one another. And an LBV of a certain layout doesn't necessary mean you MUST have that weapon loadout. And yes they do carry glowstick i nthat manner. It's used to mark positions so quick easy access is needed.

As for the "backward black flag"

If you were in the military you would know why it was black (subdued) and backward.

Like I said, I don't know much about all of the military stuff.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool pic

Damn, you got me

img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/05HemiJeep/Assorted/DSC00940Large.jpg

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Johnny Sadam Law  

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The mag pouches on their vests is a dead giveaway. If I had a bunch of loaded mags in those things, they would sag down to my knees.

Have you ever worn LBE?

YES, what's your point? I know that when I have it loaded with mags and ammo, gravity takes over. These guys gook like they have socks in those pouches.

The SPR has an old Vietnam M16 style grip.

img211.imageshack.us/img211/5047/29780475la0us.jpg

That's because the SPRs were built on M16A1 lowers.
Never seen a picture of a real SPR with that old grip. There must be a shortage or something.

Never seen SF use the sight on the M4 second from the right.
????????

The guy with the knee pads must have used it painting his house last week.
img291.imageshack.us/img291/1050/29780561la4xa.jpg

What kind of RAS system is that? (guy on the far right) I've never seen anything but KAC or SIR from the military.
img211.imageshack.us/img211/2808/29780487la1se.jpg

It's PRI.

Here's a hint, the SPR uses a PRI rail system. Why don't you go ask Adco about that one? I'm sure they can tell you.
That weapon is an M4. Never seen a real M4 with a PRI tube.

Their gear looks clean and new because they probably JUST GOT THERE when they took the pics.
Objection! Speculation!

That's the beauty of Airsoft! You can carry things just so look like the real thing without having any use for them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
These pics were posted along with many more on Militaryphotos.com. I'll get a link. They're real.

Bomber

Check the begining of this thread. It's from militaryphotos.net. There are some doubts about the authenticity of these guys from that thread. That is why I'm asking the experts here.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The mag pouches on their vests is a dead giveaway. If I had a bunch of loaded mags in those things, they would sag down to my knees.

Have you ever worn LBE?

YES, what's your point? I know that when I have it loaded with mags and ammo, gravity takes over. These guys gook like they have socks in those pouches.

The SPR has an old Vietnam M16 style grip.

img211.imageshack.us/img211/5047/29780475la0us.jpg

That's because the SPRs were built on M16A1 lowers.
Never seen a picture of a real SPR with that old grip. There must be a shortage or something.

Never seen SF use the sight on the M4 second from the right.
????????

The guy with the knee pads must have used it painting his house last week.

What kind of RAS system is that? (guy on the far right) I've never seen anything but KAC or SIR from the military.

It's PRI.

Here's a hint, the SPR uses a PRI rail system. Why don't you go ask Adco about that one? I'm sure they can tell you.
That weapon is an M4. Never seen a real M4 with a PRI tube.

Their gear looks clean and new because they probably JUST GOT THERE when they took the pics.
Objection! Speculation!

That's the beauty of Airsoft! You can carry things just so look like the real thing without having any use for them.

Dude,

You asked what kinf a FF tube does the guy on the far right have. You've been told at least 3 times. It's a PRI tube. The gun he has is a Mark 1 Mod 0 SPR.

Why is that so hard to understand?

I am however having my doubts about their authenticity but if it is Airsoft, they spent a lot of mulla on their gear because even their radios look real. And if it is airsoft, then he has a clone of a Mark 1 Mod 0 SPR.....are you getting the pattern?

Bomber

PS right from ADCO's forum on the Industry Section:

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomber

Check the begining of this thread. It's from militaryphotos.net. There are some doubts about the authenticity of these guys from that thread. That is why I'm asking the experts here.

having gone thru the whole post, I have some doubts myself but looking closely at the gear and the setting, they went thru a lot of trouble to pose.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#18]
is it just me, or do they look 'to old' for airsoft?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Dude,

You asked what kinf a FF tube does the guy on the far right have. You've been told at least 3 times. It's a PRI tube. The gun he has is a Mark 1 Mod 0 SPR.

Why is that so hard to understand?

I am however having my doubts about their authenticity but if it is Airsoft, they spent a lot of mulla on their gear because even their radios look real. And if it is airsoft, then he has a clone of a Mark 1 Mod 0 SPR.....are you getting the pattern?

Bomber
Wrong picture GENIUS!
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2808/29780487la1se.jpg
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool pic

Damn, you got me

img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/05HemiJeep/Assorted/DSC00940Large.jpg

They had to close that attraction down, too many health concerns for on lookers or somthing like that
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Assuming the picture is relatively recent, it is photoshopped.  Since CENTCOM gave the word like two friggin years ago that EVERYONE DoD in-country in the 'Stan had to adhere to AR670-1 grooming standards, the beards would be a no-go.  I don;t think they ever had relaxed grooming standards in Iraq.

So, for all you kids who want to be SF cause you get to wear long hair and facial hair, keep that in mind.  It ain;t how you dress, it's how you do the job.

dude, whether this is a real picture or not... trust me, relaxed grooming standards are not a real issue with these guys.  they rarely see anybody that they don't want to.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Doesn't look like gel to me......Hell, I'd be sweatin that much if I was over there and humpin' all that shit around.....

I know a big motherfucking Apache that would be pretty upset if you accused him of being a model, he does look like he uses hair gel though.  .

I use 20-rounders because when I drop my bipod to it's lowest setting the full-sized magazine restricts the elevation of my weapon.  I carry about four on my rig at any given time.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe its just me, but that soldier holding the SPR with the bigass scope looks like SimplyDynamic.  He's the one in the pics alone.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Maybe its just me, but that soldier holding the SPR with the bigass scope looks like SimplyDynamic.  He's the one in the pics alone.

Get some glasses.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I thought he was white.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get some glasses.

lol
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#27]
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2808/29780487la1se.jpg

These two are exposed AIRSOFTERS. Note: The rail sytem is the same as the far right guy in the above picture. These two are clean too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/24601/050101-A-3978J-030.jpg
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

These two are exposed AIRSOFTERS. Note: The rail sytem is the same as the far right guy in the above picture. These two are clean to.
img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/24601/050101-A-3978J-030.jpg

You're absolutely right, there's no way I know these two guys.

And there's no way they could be in Mosul right now.

Of course... I'm posting this from my parents' basement....

go away
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#29]
These are real. How can you tell? They are all over the age of 25 and are in good shape.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Because I found this picture on an airsoft site. He guy who posted it is in the picture.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Because I found this picture on an airsoft site. He guy who posted it is in the picture.

I just want to get this straight before I call you a retard.

You're saying the second picture is two guys playing airsoft?

if that's the case I'll go ahead and donate a bullshit flag to the cause.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#32]
TO ALL ARMCHAIR COMMANDOS!

The photos are real. The guys are from 10th SFG. Many SOF INCLUDING FR Marines(oh my god!) have "Team" patches that they wear somewhere on themselves.

They look clean probably because they just arrived in country.

And yes, many SOF platoons take pictures together...... Tier 1 units also(oh the horror!).
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Assuming the picture is relatively recent, it is photoshopped.  Since CENTCOM gave the word like two friggin years ago that EVERYONE DoD in-country in the 'Stan had to adhere to AR670-1 grooming standards, the beards would be a no-go.  I don;t think they ever had relaxed grooming standards in Iraq.

So, for all you kids who want to be SF cause you get to wear long hair and facial hair, keep that in mind.  It ain;t how you dress, it's how you do the job.

dude, whether this is a real picture or not... trust me, relaxed grooming standards are not a real issue with these guys.  they rarely see anybody that they don't want to.

I made an assessment based on information given to me by guys I served at 1st Rgr Bn with who are now in Grp, and either in-country, or just back.  I don;t KNOW that they are Airsoft or Team guys.  I don;t care.  If they are Team guys, more power to them, although posting their pics on the web, even with the psuedo covert face blackout kind of goes against the grain of "quiet Professionals."  
My Group time being limited to peacetime in a NAtional Guard SF unit, I don't know, maybe the AD guys had/have a different standard to maintain as far as being quiet.  I know that my team SGT and company SGM would have kicked a mudhole in my ass if I'd ever shown up wth one of those high speed patches on my arm, and both were AD SF VN, Grenada, Panama, and GW vets.
If they ARE real, I'd have to assume they were doing either Strategic Reconnaissance or Unconventional Warfare missions.  Direct-Action and Foreign Internal Defense missions would mandate being seen by the powers that be on a relatively regular basis.  I do not imagine that, with the reorganization of the Iraqi army and Iraqi Police forces, there is much of an UW mission anymore.  But, what do I know?

O2Overlander.....I don;t know you, and you don;t know me, and I wasn;t trying to start  pissing contest, nor am I now.  In seven years of AD though, I spent damn near as much time OCONUS as CONUS, and I haven;t lived in my homestate in 11 years.  If you know some of the guys in the pics, more power to you, but calling someone a poseur or wannabe, based on the fact that they disagree with you is probably uncalled for.

RLTW
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm not going to make a judgement real or fake, but I'll say this, my spidey sense went off when I say this picture initially.

So if they are real, they've done a damn good job of taking a picture that makes them look like an airsoft team.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get some glasses.

Well ain't you just the tough guy.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
TO ALL ARMCHAIR COMMANDOS!

The photos are real. The guys are from 10th SFG. Many SOF INCLUDING FR Marines(oh my god!) have "Team" patches that they wear somewhere on themselves.

They look clean probably because they just arrived in country.

And yes, many SOF platoons take pictures together...... Tier 1 units also(oh the horror!).

It's standard to have your picture taken here, sometimes you find yourself scrambling to find one to put on display at a memorial.  A lot of teams make it an SOP for that reason.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wouldn't shit you man! I'm just pointing out how hard it is to tell real from fake. This whole thread was split on their evaluation of these pictures. Don't be so angry! My intention was to expose the wannabes for impersonating true heroes. It's like running around telling everyone you're a Purple Heart receipient.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

These two are exposed AIRSOFTERS. Note: The rail sytem is the same as the far right guy in the above picture. These two are clean too.

How were they "exposed"?

And FYI, most airsoft gear mirrors actual gear, that why they are POSERS...............
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#39]
These Rangers have probably been in country for awhile.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
These Rangers have probably been in country for awhile.

photos.imageevent.com/smglee/mstn/IMG_1052.jpg

I take it you did go through each page considering that been posted in this thread already.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

O2Overlander.....I don;t know you, and you don;t know me, and I wasn;t trying to start  pissing contest, nor am I now.  In seven years of AD though, I spent damn near as much time OCONUS as CONUS, and I haven;t lived in my homestate in 11 years.  If you know some of the guys in the pics, more power to you, but calling someone a poseur or wannabe, based on the fact that they disagree with you is probably uncalled for.

RLTW

Chill out dude, at what point did I ever address anyone specifically in this thread? But I stand behind my comments. If you've never played and don't have any idea what you're talking about then don't comment like you know what you're talking about because you just end up looking like a douche bag to those of us who have been there. BTW, I don't know any of the individuals in these pics but I have enough common sense to not accuse them of being airsofters, lol. Again, I'm not attacking you personally or anyone else for disagreeing I just think the comments and assumptions by those of you questioning these guys authenticity is fucking hilarious.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How were they "exposed"?

And FYI, most airsoft gear mirrors actual gear, that why they are POSERS...............

I found it on an airsoft site.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How were they "exposed"?

I found it on an airsoft site.

Did they honestly try to post it somewhere saying ti was real?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wouldn't shit you man! I'm just pointing out how hard it is to tell real from fake. This whole thread was split on their evaluation of these pictures. Don't be so angry! My intention was to expose the wannabes for impersonating true heroes. It's like running around telling everyone you're a Purple Heart receipient.

the two men in the second picture are real soldiers.  

I know them.

I am a Purple Heart recipient.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Here's a pic of an authentic Iraqi meat market. I can assure you this is not an Airsoft meat market.

ETA: sorry for the blur we try to avoid slowing down
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I'm not going to make a judgement real or fake, but I'll say this, my spidey sense went off when I say this picture initially.

So if they are real, they've done a damn good job of taking a picture that makes them look like an airsoft team.  

+1

the bright green patch, the hair gel, and posing  was a red flag
but they do appear to be in the Middle East

and the shitty censor job, I would want my face covered a little better if I was over there
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#47]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
the two men in the second picture are real soldiers.
I know them.
I am a Purple Heart recipient.

Boy, are you a rotten liar.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

and the shitty censor job, I would want my face covered a little better if I was over there

agreed but in all seriouseness, what I think some here are missing is that these guys more then likely did not submit these pics themselves. They were obviousely hamming it up for the camera in a couple pics that were more then likely meant for personal souveniers to send back to family and friends. Someone else got ahold of them (possibly off the server at base where they downloaded them from the digital cam) and then submitted them to that website linked to. Think outside of the box guys. At the end of the day, regardless of your job everybody fucks off, these pics are an example of that. Remeber the SEAL team pics that got out during the abuse scandal. It was one of the operators wives that had the pics saved to an online picture storage website and they got out. Shit happens, I expect these guys would have preferred their faces were blacked out moreso as well.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#49]
I dont know...something just doesn't seem right about them. I know people who spend that much money on gear.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#50]

So you are saying that these 2 in this pic, are Airsofters?

Someone needs to tell Guns and Ammo, cause on page 50 in the Book of the AR-15 that G&A put out last month, left side of the page, bottom pic, is that same photo, credited to Sgt. Johnson, U.S. Army, DoD.

Now let's look at this-

As a person that builds models and uses a airbrush alot, I tend to notice uniformed paint jobs. Look at the paint jobs on the SAW, the SPR and the M4s in the lower pic.

Look at the brown stripes and the uniformed sand color...that's some damn good painting..even if they had time at home, which they might have, before being deployed. The lines are almost crisp, crisp like a airbrush, not from a can of Krylon like this pic-

That is the kind of hodge-podge paint job from a can that I would expect from a soldier....

I'm not saying that those guys are fakes, but they are just really clean and just a tad almost "GQ" looking..

Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top