www.amgeneral.com/vehicles_hmmwv_models_expanded_details.php/mID/12

www.mowag.ch/En/02_ProdukteEn/EAGLE4x4En/02-20_Frameset.htm
www.mowag.ch/En/07_BilderEn/07-01_Frameset.htm

Eagle IV in middle link.

I.  Want.  One.

Edited to add other links.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Excellent.  Very interested in the 3x Aimpoint, though perhaps 4x (I´m thinking ACOG) would have been better?  This is a very good concept in terms of modularity - naked Aimpoint for cqb, add the 3x for distance.  Excellent.

Anyone have further info?

Oh, and if any of you have not purchased through Denny, he is king shit.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Not to split hairs, but I think that was a HUMVEE.  Hummers are those civilian things you buy at your local car dealer that all the rich people own to park in their driveways.  GREAT PICS!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Some great pictures. I wish they had let us OSUT guys go to the conference and see what kind of stuff we might be seeing in the near future. I have a little under for 4 weeks left of Infantry AIT and then I'm off to Airborne school. Depending on our my SF training goes I might be in a regular unit sooner or later. I'm getting anxious to get some real training in. Basic is too basic!

PFC Crisp
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag.  

Building Four.  The Infantry School.  Benning School for Boys.  Follow me, I am the Infantry.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Not to split hairs, but I think that was a HUMVEE.  Hummers are those civilian things you buy at your local car dealer that all the rich people own to park in their driveways.  GREAT PICS!!!

Humvee and Hummer are slang for the HMMWV.
Humvee has been the prevalent term since about the time of GW1. At least as far as I remember.
Hummer was chosen when the vehicle became available commercially. It's sort of become H1 at least as far as the model, with the brand name remaining Hummer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Was there any info on what type of cartridge this might use, or what cal.
globaltactical.com/_img.upload/future%20weapon.jpg
Is it a standard cartridge, or something being developed?
Why is this here, if the XM8 is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Things that make you go hmmm...

Lightweight Machinegun and Ammunition

Goals include:

35% Reduction in Weapon Weight
40% Reduction in Ammo Weight

I'm guessing that the top one shown is the FNMI concept weapon.  However, only AAI and General Dynamics won contracts for Phase I development.  AAI is teamed with ARES, Inc. while General Dynamics is teamed with KAC.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was there any info on what type of cartridge this might use, or what cal.
globaltactical.com/_img.upload/future%20weapon.jpg
Is it a standard cartridge, or something being developed?
Why is this here, if the XM8 is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Things that make you go hmmm...

Goals include:

I'm guessing that the top one shown is the FNMI concept weapon.  However, only AAI and General Dynamics won contracts for Phase I development.  AAI is teamed with ARES, Inc. while General Dynamics is teamed with KAC.

Is that the same ARES, Inc I'm thinking of
I'm still stymied, why are we spending money on XM8 and working on a next next (yes, two next's) generation weapon? Both of which (I can't read the link, power point?) use the same ammo as the current generation.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#9]

That SPR with the can and the paintjob was shot at the Rocky Mountain 3 Gun match by one of the Army Marksmanship Unit guys, I know because I got to fondle it for awhile hehehehee..

Something else that I saw them using there was the Cavalry Arms C1 buttstock with the factory buttplate, and they loved it!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice, verrrry nice. Thanks, Denny. We all appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Denny, sorry I missed the conference.  As always, can't be in two places at once... Did you get a chance to see the rotary 40mm I've been involved with at Milkor?  Hey - who's booth is in this photo?  In the pic is that my .45 can next to Joe's?

Re: Aimpoint 3x -- I've had one of these, I didn't know it was ok to talk about them yet... guess cat is bagless now, so here's some pics on a DPMS gun I've been using for some things.
FYI:  The scope has it's own QD mount that it rotates off and onto, little bronze/brass? stud and springloaded pull that locks it in.  Well made.  The optic doesn't do a darn thing to the dot size or anything else, just magnifies things... VERY clear glass, impressed me.  Pops right on behind the CCO, but I can't use my LaRue low mount with the Aimpoint now... I think that can be fixed so someone doesn't have to use the ARMS Aimpoint mount if someone doesn't want to.

Pics:

Pull down bronze lever like...

Maginfier rotates off and on like....

Comes off like...

Locks in like...

Whole thing mounted

BTW, the JSSAP program on the LWMG - you mentioned it's supposed to be 5.56mm, but are you saying it's no longer caseless?

Regards,

Kel
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool stuff!
Have you tried the magnifier with an Eo-Tech?  I assume it _should_ work but it would be nice to know for certain..
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Re: Aimpoint 3x -- I've had one of these, I didn't know it was ok to talk about them yet... guess cat is bagless now, so here's some pics on a DPMS gun I've been using for some things.
FYI:  The scope has it's own QD mount that it rotates off and onto, little bronze/brass? stud and springloaded pull that locks it in.  Well made.  The optic doesn't do a darn thing to the dot size or anything else, just magnifies things... VERY clear glass, impressed me.  Pops right on behind the CCO, but I can't use my LaRue low mount with the Aimpoint now... I think that can be fixed so someone doesn't have to use the ARMS Aimpoint mount if someone doesn't want to.

Pics:

myweb.cableone.net/1934/arfcom/dpms-1.jpg

Pull down bronze lever like...
myweb.cableone.net/1934/arfcom/dpms-5aa.jpg

Maginfier rotates off and on like....
myweb.cableone.net/1934/arfcom/dpms-5a.jpg

Comes off like...
myweb.cableone.net/1934/arfcom/dpms-6.jpg

Locks in like...
myweb.cableone.net/1934/arfcom/dpms-5.jpg

Whole thing mounted
myweb.cableone.net/1934/arfcom/dpms-8.jpg

BTW, the JSSAP program on the LWMG - you mentioned it's supposed to be 5.56mm, but are you saying it's no longer caseless?

Regards,

Kel

very cool info. thanks!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I just got wood.

Must have been the A2 grip.

Thanks for the photos Denny!   Interesting stuff.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Great pics!  Thanks for sharing, Denny.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:36:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Kel,

Just curious, what kind of rail systems is that on the rifle?

Jason
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:55:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:57:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Kel

Kel,

What is the eye relief like on that 3X?  The way you have it mounted it must be VERRRRY long.

Do you know if these will be available to the public?  

Thanks,

Anthony
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#21]

It looks like Aimpoint designed their mount to work only with the ARMS #22M68

Grant, imagine if we had to switch back to ARMS gear.

Like Col. Kurtz famously said "THE HORROR"
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm not saying its bad either. I WILL say I'd much prefer a solution from LaRue thou!

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll check, but I think it's just an adapter that has the optic itself squished into the AMRS mount - I only had one LaRue aimpoint mount on me at the time, and didn't have my tools at home to take it apart just to see - but I'll bet it fits if you take the spacer out.  As far as the eye relief - yeah it's pretty long, but I had just clamped the two parts to the rail for the pics.  I peeked through it and everything worked fine for me, but I'll take a closer look tonight and see if the sight should be moved back for optimal sighting/relief.  I guess I need to try a ITT 6015 into the pic and see if there's enough rail to use all three... That would be huge, but interesting.

Kel
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#26]
tagged untill I can read this
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#27]
can we get a view through it?   That would be great!

i wonder if i'll be able to use this with my rasII... i guess it will just depend on eye relief...  i could always move my mount up forward...  

my mouth is watering...  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Goals include:

Is that the same ARES, Inc I'm thinking of
I'm still stymied, why are we spending money on XM8 and working on a next next (yes, two next's) generation weapon? Both of which (I can't read the link, power point?) use the same ammo as the current generation.

The links are indeed PowerPoint.  There are free PowerPoint viewers, BTW.

According to the link, Picatinny Arsenal has resumed experiments with the same caseless ammunition technology that came from the G11/ACR project.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for taking the time to post the pic's

More info web site.

www.precisionremotes.com
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#30]
What is the weight of the 3X Aimpoint magnifier and mount both together and seperate.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top